Tile Map - Side Scroller

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Tile Map - Side Scroller

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#1]
I'm creating a TileMap engine for a game I want to make for my kids but I need a decent tileset to use as a placeholder until I can find someone that can do the actual graphic work for the game. I can create super crappy ones but I prefer to use something reasonable looking... not concerned about the imagesizes as the engine is being designed to use any size tiles. As I used to do... anyone helping me with graphic work will be allowed to use the engine for their own work as well.

Thanks in advance

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#2]
Got one from the internet... wasnt using the right search criteria... thanks anyway.

Cheers.

SoggyP(Posted 2009) [#3]
Hello.

Don't mention it. :o)

Goodbye.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#4]
Hey guys... just for information.. you need to change the following for Vista users as Vista will not allow creation of files at the C root...

replacing makesound ...

.makeSound
	Restore shoot
	Read ln
	pos=0

rootfolder$=GetEnv("UserProfile")	

Repeat
		fileName$=rootfolder+"\sound"+Rnd(1,1000)+".wav"
	Until FileType(fileName)=0

fileOut=WriteFile(fileName)
		For pos=0 To ln-1
			Read bt
			WriteByte fileOut,bt
		Next
	CloseFile fileOut

Global shootSound=LoadSound(fileName)
	DeleteFile fileName
Return

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#5]
Hey guys... just for information.. you need to change the following for Vista users as Vista will not allow creation of files at the C root...

I'll leave to one side the fact that this reply doesn't seem to have anything in common with the previous two posts you made in this thread, but I feel I should point out that using an environment variable to find the home directory is inherently unsafe. Environment variables can be changed programatically, and with no security restrictions, so you should never assume that they will be accurate. You should probably use SHGetSpecialFolderLocation to get folders.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#6]
LOL... that was a whoops... its supposed to be in another thread!

In any case, you cannot change system environment variables..only user defined ones.

Cheers

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#7]
Nope, you can change all environment variables, even on Vista. If you don't believe me, open up a command prompt and try it. The changes are not saved so there is no security risk, but there is no guarantee that they will be what you expect them to be.