..fresh look with some characters WIP..

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/..fresh look with some characters WIP..

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#1]
..here are some screenshots of one of my game levels..i came finally in to stage where I start working with characters, so here are new look of level and with some characters on scene, including main one..its WIP, but soon demo will be out..I hope you like it..

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#2]
Dancing in that last pic?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#3]
..that was idle (fixing shoe, turning on after some time you not moving character around)..

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#4]
Is that Blitz3D? It looks way too good to be on Blitz3D!

Matty(Posted 2009) [#5]
Looks good,
two criticisms:
1.ground texture scale looks a bit wrong
2.there's banding in the sky on several pics

*(Posted 2009) [#6]
your shadows are off around the feet the shadow is detached from the model

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#7]
Besides the above points, it looks freakin awesome. DEMO!

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#8]
These images have this clarity about them, and that makes them very atractive. You can almost feel the warmth of the sun. Nicely done Naughty.
Were all the models done by yourself?

best of luck!

Loktar(Posted 2009) [#9]
is this B3D? Regardless it looks really nice reminds me of stargate for some reason.

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#10]
It's not Blitz3D. IIRC it's his port from Horde3D into BMax.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#11]
..hi guys..thanks for kind comments/suggestions/critics..Ill try to answer some of your questions

-shadows are off because I havent removed offset variable for character positioning due some testing with feet alignement on to stairs, once turned off, shadows are perfectly on the place..
-ground texture scale is wrong because some surfaces, texture is applied on to are not correct, so tiling for same texture giving different results..Its fixed already..

-animation wise..not all characters are done by me..those you see were done by me as well as level geometry..I have 2 blitzers working with me, but they want to be in 'stealth' until we fire thing out, so its perfectly fine by me...

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#12]
I'd be interested in seeing a couple pics with your B3D wrapper if it is not too much of a hassle.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#13]
..sure Ill post some shots done with Horde3D wrapper for B3D..in main time, here are some shots from main menu..this is how its look like..flag, and clouds are in motion and there are some birds flying around, but i couldnt catch it :)..it will be some minor changes on background, but its pretty much how is it look like..comments are welcome..

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#14]
Phew, I KNEW it wasn't in Blitz3D, nothing that good could ever come out of Blitz3D.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#15]
..actually, it can be done with B3D..I have got some similar results with B3D + Xors3D..

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#16]
Hey Naughty, 2 questions:

- What GUI engine are you using for these menu windows and gadgets?

- Do you have a separate level editor where you place and edit triggers\nodes\entities or do you do that directly on your modelling package?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#17]
hi Kryzon..

regarding GUI..Im using my own GUI management system for creation and control of all gadgets..having said that, its not complete 100% in sense of pure GUI creation system, but in sense that it has all features I need for use in a game..

as for Level editor..this is how i work...base level structure (things never change) are done in 3dsmax and then exported..after that I do have some small proggy for management of my level components, so, I can place, set initial positions, set up behaviour for NPC's(finishing that right now, and eventually waiting Chris state machine system to see is it does better than mine do for sake of upgrade), set up fire, particle, water etc..all stuff necessary, and after that attach all media to specific groups of behaviours..and simply save file and import it in to 'template' in Bmax, and run..so by combining behaviour states, you can create very interesting things with NPC's...appart from that cut scene management system is separate and its loaded as a separate project file (but its all just small script with definitions for cut scene executions(they are interactive at specific points where is decision making about next animation sequence going to be played)..

Thats pretty much all i have so far..tuning it up right now and polishing animation/sounds..once behaviour system is polished, composing whole game will be really fast..

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2009) [#18]
Very cool, Naughty. I'like a lot your game, very good work. Graphics and caracters are pretty cool. With shadows game shows more realistic. Are fastshadows of Mivhail fastlibs?

Shambler(Posted 2009) [#19]
For the last images I would like to see a bit more contrast dark/light...but you know that when someone says this it is just nit picking ;) Excellent work =)

Mike0101(Posted 2009) [#20]
Very good. Real nextgen looking!

JoshK(Posted 2009) [#21]
Is this LE?

I would make the ambient light level very dark with a blue tint.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#22]
..yes it is LE...WIP as stating..so modifications will appear ;)

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#23]
Nice! :)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#24]
Very impressive!

SabataRH(Posted 2009) [#25]
Phew, I KNEW it wasn't in Blitz3D, nothing that good could ever come out of Blitz3D.

So very false.