Sci-fi meshes for sale

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Sci-fi meshes for sale

SpaceMan94(Posted 2009) [#1]
Here are some sci-fi meshes that I am selling. Go to this link:
http://www.freewebs.com/startrekrequiriusforum/apps/webstore/

GfK(Posted 2009) [#2]
Your screenshots (which appear to be of your entire desktop) are in BMP format, and are too small to see any detail.

plash(Posted 2009) [#3]
Oh dear..

GfK(Posted 2009) [#4]
One more thing - I wouldn't buy anything off a site that's hosted on freewebs, never mind what it is.

SpaceMan94(Posted 2009) [#5]
The screenshots are of the entire desktop because the window shot won't work with Vista. That is why I hate Vista.

Uncle(Posted 2009) [#6]
Try selecting the window first then pressing Alt and Printscreen.

SpaceMan94(Posted 2009) [#7]
I tried and didn't work.

Uncle(Posted 2009) [#8]
Works here on Vista. Nevermind. Otherwise just crop your pictures to a more reasonable size, and at least have an option to click and view the picture full size.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#9]
the first is an untextured square 'house' and the second is just two 'room's' ... oh well they are only a couple of quid

wonder which one is the toilet

edit:
oh its destroyed starship, i read it as destroyer, so i guess the kahzi is out the window ;)

SpaceMan94(Posted 2009) [#10]
What?

GfK(Posted 2009) [#11]
oh well they are only a couple of quid
I don't think they're that good (from what I can see, squinting at the tiny images). The fact that they are "only a couple of quid" doesn't make any difference. Would you buy an empty cornflakes box for "only a couple of quid"?

I don't think you can realisically charge for these. Look on Turbosquid to see the standard of what you can get for free.

Note: I am not saying everything on there is good - there's some real crap to be found.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#12]
true but a few quid vs man hours can sometimes make things a bargain, aside from an unused maplet ive not got anything that can make a box letalone a cornflakes textured one (aside from hard coding in b3d, which ive not used in over a year save running someone elses bb code)

i wouldnt buy an empty cornflakes box but i sometimes buy cereal for the 'give aways' ... iir there were half a dozzen scooby doo dvds via cocopops, luckily you could tell from the outside if you had it or not
i looked at it as buying a dvd and getting free cereal, hmv dont do that not even with pure points ;)

What?

in space someones got to use the toilet, just because you dont see em go dont mean they dont, i doubt the far future has eradicated the need for bodily functions, hell iir even dark forces had a wall urinal in one level (with jar jar binks shaped urinal cakes no doubt)

GfK(Posted 2009) [#13]
true but a few quid vs man hours can sometimes make things a bargain
...and you'd buy something on that basis? o.O

Anyway, back on topic - you at least need to texture these models to give them some 'life'.

SpaceMan94(Posted 2009) [#14]
How do you texture them if they are .x?

SpaceMan94(Posted 2009) [#15]
Actually, should I just put the .B3D versions out there? Those are textured.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#16]
not nececarily me, or that pack, but some prebuilt basic shapes for next to nowt vs doing it yourself

mind you i cant draw stickmen, so anything is better than what i could do
i doubt i could pay people to use my media, not even puki

SpaceMan94(Posted 2009) [#17]
If they are textured would they be worth anything?

Matty(Posted 2009) [#18]
I wouldn't buy 'em or even take them for free if that says anything about their value.

SpaceMan94(Posted 2009) [#19]
Why?

Matty(Posted 2009) [#20]
Simply because I can do better myself.

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#21]
As they are, they're probably worth what they're priced at, because $1.50 is, what? 20 minutes work in a state with a low minimum wage? But the problem is that almost nothing that's worth a dollar or two sells for that, because it's just not substantial enough for anyone to get the urge to buy. It's just not worth getting a credit card out and faffing about filling in payment details, waiting for it to arrive, downloading it, etc. You'd probably need to spend that 20 minutes just buying and retrieving them.

If you want to sell them, you need to make them worth more, and then charge more. If you can make them worth 20 or 30 bucks, by making more models, improving the quality, texturing then, etc... then they might be worth selling for 20 or 30 bucks. As it is, I can't see anyone buying them.

Ruz(Posted 2009) [#22]
yeah you really need to do more work to sell stuff. you can't just knock a few primitive shapes together and call it a good model.

work on something easy, then try and unwrap and texture it, ask for feedback and take it from there

*(Posted 2009) [#23]
TBH untextured the do look like they were done in Maplet