B3D-Horde3D wrapper test shots

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/B3D-Horde3D wrapper test shots

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#1]
..hi folks...here are some test shots of my racing track (real one, Sepang F1 circuit, Malaysia), but this time rendered entirely with my unfinished Horde3D wrapper. All shadows are real time..still have some bugs but im working on it slowly..

stayne(Posted 2009) [#2]
Looking good buddy!

puki(Posted 2009) [#3]
The pictures are irrelevant. What exactly is this B3D-Horde3D wrapper?

I rather suggest you hand it over - this minute.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2009) [#4]
Looking very nice....Keep it up :)

nrasool(Posted 2009) [#5]
Looks very nice Naughty Alien, are you hoping to sell the wrapper? Its would be an great plugin :)

Sung(Posted 2009) [#6]
Looks beautifull, but what the h... is a Horde3D wrapper??

Lui(Posted 2009) [#7]
Hmm...i suggest just to google "Horde3D"...Horde3D is a open source 3D-engine. Take a look at http://www.horde3d.org/ to see
Looks like Naughty Alien is writing a wrapper for the Horde3D engine for B3D or BMax...

The screens are looking really nice although the textures seem not to have mip-maps at higher distances...

plash(Posted 2009) [#8]
Awesome. I've never heard of the Horde3D engine until now.

*(Posted 2009) [#9]
Looking good what FPS do you get

t3K|Mac(Posted 2009) [#10]
uh, another possibly good addon for b3d. nice one!

6(Posted 2009) [#11]
I've tried the Horde3d engine, but just can't get the ColladaConv application to work so I can't load any models.

Apparently the collada files from Max and Maya work fine with ColladaConv, but i don't have either of those apps.

The pics look very good though so I'd love to see Horde3d working with B3D.

Matty(Posted 2009) [#12]
There's something 'grainy' about the road/hills/sand areas and it's not just the texture, what is causing that?

SabataRH(Posted 2009) [#13]
There's something 'grainy' about the road/hills/sand areas and it's not just the texture, what is causing that?

Non-existant mipmapping

Panno(Posted 2009) [#14]
is it possible to get the wrapper ?

Imphenzia(Posted 2009) [#15]
Looking great!

big10p(Posted 2009) [#16]
Looks good but why are you rendering static shadows in realtime?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#17]
..hi guys..well..wrapper is not commercial or anything like that..its not completed in sense that its not all Horde3d stuff wrapped in, but some bits and pieces I always wanted to see in B3D..all thing is a bit on hold since im heavily under development of my game so i cant spare much time on to it..I will give it away for free to community soon as i finish some other juicy experiment with it (im messing with Parallels so i wanted to wrap B3D exec with Parallels and run it under mac, without installing parallels on mac machine)..anyway..static shadows are rendered because i wanna see performance and its nice..without/with shadows, difference is about 5 fps, what is not bad considering that given scene is rendered with 55 fps on my 7600gt and scene has 135K polys..bt i think there is no real urge for it...many complete solutions are out there with teams behind it(LE,Flow,Xors3D)..so its just some sort of my puppet, heheh :)

Ruz(Posted 2009) [#18]
real time static shadows would be cool for a nighttime/day time simulation.

using lightmaps that would be more pain:O