some of my latest renders

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/some of my latest renders

mtnhome3d(Posted 2009) [#1]
here are a few of my latest renders. I am still learning so they won't be as good as some but I'm still proud of how they turned out. I have been messing around with some HDRI images also. All were rendered in Maya with MentalRay. C&C most welcome

this one was modeled by a friend in blender and rendered in Maya

this model was downloaded off of turbosquid and i did the materials and lighting

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#2]
cant see the first one because its too dark, the second looks good

Zeotrope(Posted 2009) [#3]
I like the turbines in the first.....2nd looks Phantom Menace-ish!

Matty(Posted 2009) [#4]
Please post jpgs or pngs instead of bmps if you are going to post an image, bmps take too long to view.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2009) [#5]
thanks for the comments. sorry about the .bmp format

GfK(Posted 2009) [#6]
I would never have guessed that the second one was a dagger if you hadn't said so - which bit do you hold? Which end is for prodding folk with? You could have your fingers off with it.

The first one looks like some kind of futuristic can opener.

Bit too abstract for me.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2009) [#7]
the second one isn't, thats just the name of the ship :)
lol at the can opener :)

(edit) here is a knife i just modeled. it was based on this one: http://www.crkt.com/mak1extrik.html

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#8]
I've never seen a knife like that before. Also, your lucky that you have Maya, I want it sooooo bad but I don't have over $1000 to spend. Maya is the easiest 3D Modeling programs I've ever used (Personal Learning Edition).

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#9]
erm
neither of the first two images were modeled by yourself yet you are showcasing em?

shall i take a photo of the mona lisa and post it somewhere too?

and yes phantom menace ahoy

mtnhome3d(Posted 2009) [#10]
I did everything but the modeling, which still takes time and skill. if you took a picture of the outline of the Mona Lisa and painted it in then that would be a more apropriet analogy.

@gia_green_fire, I purchased a student license for $280 and it turns out that the company goofed cause its a full license. it has non of the limitations that the student version is supposed to have, and its license has not run out after the 2 years it was supposed to have. if anyone has any info on this that i don't, like if they changed there policy then i would like to know.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2009) [#11]
I did everything but the modeling, which still takes time and skill. if you took a picture of the outline of the Mona Lisa and painted it in then that would be a more apropriet analogy.

@gia_green_fire, I purchased a student license for $280 and it turns out that the company goofed cause its a full license. it has non of the limitations that the student version is supposed to have, and its license has not run out after the 2 years it was supposed to have. if anyone has any info on this that i don't, like if they changed there policy then i would like to know.

i also changed the images to .png