The Parking Lot

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/The Parking Lot

Doggie(Posted 2009) [#1]
One of my latest compositing efforts.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#2]
Don't like it for quite obvious reasons.

Doggie(Posted 2009) [#3]
Granted the subject is rather intense and might not even be appropriate to post...but I think it works if only on that level. Sometimes art as life is like that.

JustLuke(Posted 2009) [#4]
Hm. I'm with GfK on this one.

plash(Posted 2009) [#5]
What they said..

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#6]
I agree with Plash and the others.

John Blackledge(Posted 2009) [#7]
The motivations of producing 'art' like this are always dubious.

Oh, and it has nothing to do with this site.

Zeotrope(Posted 2009) [#8]
Plasma FX makes it look a little dated. Like an after-thought

SoggyP(Posted 2009) [#9]
Hello.

I like it. The reaction of the girl in the foreground is kinda Munsch(?)like and I particularly like the reaction of those in the background.

On a side note, to effectively kill herself she should be slicing up the arm, not across - that just makes her a wannabe. Apologies to those of a more sensitive disposition.

What might be nice, for the whole piece, is if you could get the effect of death reaching through the girl and guiding her actions.

Goodbye.

JA2(Posted 2009) [#10]
Somehow I don't think this is the appropriate place to be posting images depicting self mutilation, death, and suicide...

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#11]
send it into the gallery lets see what tony heart thinks of it ;)

i normally just look at game based art in this showcase as thats what it was meant for, for everything else there is deviant art and flikr

agree with soggy on the arm and guiding points
the image is better in b&w compared to the guady colour, but its still not brilliant
now go and render them as md2 models and ill bother with this thread again :p

Doggie(Posted 2009) [#12]
well, in my second post I did state that it might not be appropriate but I've been a member of these forums for quite awhile and haven't been working on any games or programming but have been doing all different kinds of graphic stuff. So...I decided to share "something" "anything". The fact that so many expressed dislike for the work means it works(afaic) I see it as an inyourface portrayal of society,young people drugs and death.
@John Blackledge there is no real motivation. I found a picture of a white hearse and got the idea and went from there. If I could choose a motivator it would be to confront people with a global picture of the human psyche.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Doggie

Amon(Posted 2009) [#13]
I like it. I think it's well done. I prefer the Black/White/Greyscale version though as it captures the meaning more where as I beleive color in a scene like this seems to diminish its nature. I guess I mean by adding vibrant colours gives the scene life and alters its meaning and makes it less effective.

:)

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#14]
It's a bit close to home for me to comment. Looks ok though.

Shambler(Posted 2009) [#15]
It is a powerful image, I don't think we are meant to 'like' it as such but it does stir emotions so in that sense it works.