Free Texture Database for your games and models

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Free Texture Database for your games and models

Imphenzia(Posted 2008) [#1]
I have been working on a new texture database that will hopefully simplify finding textures that you need.

Please try it out here:
* http://www.imphenzia.com/textures/

I welcome any feedback, comments and suggestions.

Billp(Posted 2009) [#2]
Looks good, I like the keyword filtering

caff_(Posted 2009) [#3]
Some nice shots in there.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2009) [#4]
i dont like the keyword search, i'd like to see thumbnails, just like the other sites...

Imphenzia(Posted 2009) [#5]
Thanks for the comments so far.

I'm hoping to tweak the keyword search more but the general idea is that if you are looking for a wall texture made of worn stones you type in "wall stone worn" (order doesn't matter) and only the thumbnails of that nature appear rather than having to browse through a category tree and hundreds of thumbnails to get what you need. But if more artists want a tree function I will consider creating it of course!

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#6]
I vastly prefer thumbnails for one big reason: Often you don't really know what you want until you see it. :-?

and a usability glitch: If you type a keyword and hit 'enter' afterwards, it won't return any matches. Since most website forms require either a submission button or enter to activate, this is not intuitive... Especially since you have no idea what you do have available for download. My first few tries to find anything all failed to return any matches (even for simple things like 'wall' or 'grass' because I had no idea that I shouldn't hit enter.

Imphenzia(Posted 2009) [#7]
xlsior - thanks for valuable feedback :) Will try to sort out the enter issue and also some sort of a 'browse all' feature. Also noticed that it won't take 3-letter searches but it's a setting in MySQL that I can't change on the webhost so maybe I can do a workaround for it.

Imphenzia(Posted 2009) [#8]
I also want to flag that it now works with - (MINUS) sign, so you can for example write the following string in the search:

"wall -brick -wood" and it will return wall textures but no textures containing bricks or wood :)

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#9]
well i just clicked water textures then saw it was a google add
great that
it leads me away from YOUR site and onto another :D

kinda like the front page of a news paper reading "thank you for looking at this news paper have you tried our competition?"

Imphenzia(Posted 2009) [#10]
@Ginger - that's how ads work :) When they come on my TV - I change the channel. At least on a site you have a chance to not click on them.

But a short note on why they are there (unless it is obvious). I spend coutless hours and $$ on creating my site(s) and content - I need to find any little way to try to cover some of the costs even though the equation is very lob-sided at the moment(!) =)

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#11]
im not saying DONT advertise, ive expressed my oppinions in that recent advert thread ... its just that it was right under the search box, i read it as a clickable search

actually i think it was tileable textures i clicked i thought it was a sub catagory

and high in the water textures advert was a plumber :))

move it away from the search bit and new visitors might not accidentally click away from your site (like i did)