House modl for sale.

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/House modl for sale.

Sanctus(Posted 2008) [#1]

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/407186

You can see the details there.
The price is no longer that.
I'll sell it for 10$ and 100$ if you want it exlusively.
No royalties required
Anyone intrested? Or does anyone need a specific model? I can provide you with cheap models
EDIT: sorry for the misspell on the title

Defoc8(Posted 2008) [#2]
Jst a few wee crits..try not to get too defensive

1] the whole thing looks a little flat..though, this may be as much to
do with lighting than texturing.

2] the scales seems a wee bit off - roof tile taking up 1/4 of door area or
more...perhaps a little rescaling is required?

Overall its reasonably good... not something i personally get excited about,
its a house ;) :p

Mustang(Posted 2008) [#3]
Yup, scale is bit off here and there, like how high the door is compared to window size and position... and of course roof tiles are huge. Quick reference surfing gives you pointers how to fix those problems:

http://images.google.fi/images?hl=fi&q=medieval%20house

GfK(Posted 2008) [#4]
Its slightly too 'perfect'...

For instance, you could add a bow to the roof (i.e. give it a slight concave curve along its apex) where the roof joists have sagged with age. That alone would make it look 100% better.

Also, dirty up the white walls a bit. They're too clean.

One more thing - the windows. Nothing wrong with them as such, its more to do with their position. The window frames should form part of the house structure and fit in with the beams. You've got a load-bearing beam going down into the top of the windows on the end of the house, when really there should be a joist along the top of the window, with beams down either side to distribute the weight of the roof around the window. You have similar problems with the rest of the windows, too.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#5]
I'm assuming your windows are just part of the texture? You should try to make them part of the mesh. It allows you to give a different detail level to them if you wish to make them more detailed. If the windows are just painted on, it is impossible to make them more detailed without significantly increasing your texture size.

I find increasing the detail of a mesh, allows you to have a smaller texture, because beams can be tile textured, along with walls.

Forgive me if i'm wrong, it's just the picture isn't clear :o) It's cool that there is an interior though.

Sanctus(Posted 2008) [#6]
Well thanks guys :) Really good crits.
The windows are actually a part of the mesh not of the texture.
This is quite a old model and I know what my flaws are. I personally don't want to do them again (I allready done ways better but I didn't want to post it and then I lost my files. Sad).
I'm going to make a pack of let's say 5 houses with a lot more detail and try to give them a more natural feel. They will have the interior as well and will come with a pack of furniture I made some time ago :)

You have to admit that this is better:

I found a picture of the lost house model

GfK(Posted 2008) [#7]
The problem is, its still very square and angular. Personally I think you need to give it a more stylised look. Also, the wall texture is too..... 'contrasty' and the textures don't really work well together.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#8]
Another point, mearly about detail, is the door arch. You could add a stone detail going round the arch, to make it look less flat. Agreed about the wall texture, but i like the roof texture. If you can match up your contrast brightness levels with the roof texture, i think it would fit better.

Your house is far better than i could do i reckon :o)

Sanctus(Posted 2008) [#9]
Installed Oblivion and TES now for some observations :) I really like the way the graphics look (even if the gameplay is very bad)

plash(Posted 2008) [#10]
(even if the gameplay is very bad)
lol.

Sanctus(Posted 2008) [#11]
What? I don't like swearing on nice forums :))