Steampunk vehicle - Gibbon 1 - 3d render WIP

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Steampunk vehicle - Gibbon 1 - 3d render WIP

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#1]
Thought I'd share a WIP model that I'm making for fun and practice, modelled and rendered in Cheetah 3d.

The large vents in the hull are for cannons. Many details have yet to be added: railings, a nautical-style steering wheel, various pipes, tubes, pistons, and other bits of machinery, and a retractable ladder.

It's meant to be a bit unbalanced and quirky - hence the non-realistic proportions. Conceptually, i want it to resemble some sort of mix of pirate ship, steam engine, and Victorian pram.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#2]
..real beauty man..im in luv ..

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#3]
it looks like something out of a kinder egg (not that ive anything against the things that come out of kinder eggs) perhaps its cos its just one colour

cute and deadly (once you put the cannons in)

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#4]
because the wheels are so close together it looks like a toy - pretty good overall

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#5]
looks like a toy

Matty(Posted 2008) [#6]
Looks funny, in a good way. You have captured the look you were after going by the description you gave at the top.

There's no axle between the wheels!

Also, how big is this thing, it's hard to gauge just how large it is, you say cannons will fit in the holes in the sides - does that make this thing the size of a small pirate ship?

I like the soft look it has in the render.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#7]
I like it!

Blitzblaster(Posted 2008) [#8]
Hi JustLuke!

Interessting steampunk, now i wait for the interessting texture. Looks nice.

Hujiklo(Posted 2008) [#9]
Looks quite nice - not bad at all! I'd make the wheels bigger and widen the axles - infact maybe make the front ones huge and the back ones much smaller, and spread them out a bit...can't quite figure out the scale of it though. How big is a gentleman in a top hat compared to it?

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#10]
About as tall as one of the wheels.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#11]
I like it. Makes me think of Jules Verne for some reason.