Robot model for sale with full IP rights

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Robot model for sale with full IP rights

Zethrax(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi. This is an untextured robot model I made in Wings3D, which I'm putting up for sale.

The model is hierarchial; with the gun, body, base, tracks, and wheels, as separate entities organized in a parent-child relationship.

Total triangle count is: 1624

I'm selling this model with full and exclusive IP rights. I will be giving up all IP rights to the buyer and will no longer own any rights to the model.

The buyer will get the Wings3D model file, plus a 3ds version. No texturing or UV mapping work has been done on the model.

I'm prepared to consider all offers. You can contact me via the email address in my profile, or via: http://realmsmith.com/contact.html

If you need any more details regarding the model, let me know.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2008) [#2]
I think, it is a better offer, when you create an UV Map and an animation.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#3]
I think, it is a better offer, when you create an UV Map and an animation.
Yup.

I'm not sure there's much call for untextured models. If you don't have the dexterity to make the models yourself then you're going to have a pretty rough time trying to texture it, too.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#4]
Agreed. I wish this wasn't the case though, I'd be happy rattle off a bunch of untextured static robot models for anyone who was willing to pay me for them. Easy work - quick to model.

Zethrax(Posted 2008) [#5]
Fair enough. I'll have a go at UV mapping and texturing it.

I'm not so sure about animation. This type of model is probably best animated programmatically (by scrolling the texture on the tracks to move/turn; rotating the body to yaw the gun and sensors; and by pitching the gun to point at the target).

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#6]
Agreed about the texture, but i agree with bill on the animation. It's more of a programming job, especially in blitz, as you'll want to drive at different speeds, whilst moving other parts of the robot. Animating would probably be a lor more time consuming, than simply programming it.

Taron(Posted 2008) [#7]
HAHAHA! Sorry...

Chroma(Posted 2008) [#8]
Ok then make me a 1950s looking robot hero model with a gun and a backpack with little wings.