Fluffy

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Fluffy

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#1]
As part of a larger project, I modeled this shark. He's relatively low detail (no eyes or teeth) because in the larger scene he's really small, so I didn't bother. 'ave it!

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#2]
Nice. Doesn't look very fluffy to me though.

Ryudin(Posted 2008) [#3]
That's hilarious! I love the stand!

Kryzon(Posted 2008) [#4]
You need to work on the shape of the mesh. It could have just 6k polys and have much more detail.

( that's the bad thing with high-poly modelling packages such as Z-Brush, people who do stuff with it forget that the most important thing is shape first, then detail. They try to shape a head from a million poly sphere and end up with a lump of somewhat strange form; that's not your case, you can clearly see it's a shark :D ). But you should tend to the shape of it.

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#5]
no, I purposefully left out details - in the actual scene it's only like 200 pixels wide, and it's foggy so you can barely see it

Kryzon(Posted 2008) [#6]
I don't mean details as in wrinkles and all that. I meant as in the shape. The caudal peduncle\tail is wrong, it's not "conical" enough and the caudal fin is too pointy. Like I said, the overall shape. You can have 6k polys or 6mi polys and still have a wrong shape.

Of course, I don't know how it sits on your scene so I'm just judging it by this proximity you show us here.

EDIT: Look at how it's supposed to be:

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#7]
I know that, I just really didn't feel like fixing it because it's so small in the final image :)