A new building

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/A new building

Blitzblaster(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi!

Since yesterday i will create a new city with this kind of buildings and after than, it comes other kind of models in the city. Hope you like it.
It is a test too, because this model have a texture size 1024 x 1024.

~image delete~

Regards
Blitzblaster

Rob Farley(Posted 2008) [#2]
I don't really understand it...

You've got the door at the front, no real idea of how big that door is (we'll get to that in a bit), but above it there are 2 windows of a similar size. The ground floor similarly doesn't appear to have any windows. Around the door is some wood work that again seems to be confused. It also gives the door some scale as you'd expect that kind of wood work to be say 6" wide, so that makes the door about 3 foot tall... or if the door is say 6'6 tall then that makes the woodwork about 1' wide. Which again... seems strange.

Then there's two towers either side which are the same width as the door with windows that I can only assume are tiny (going with the timbers being 6" that means the windows here are about 6" tall) . The roof of the tower has some strange tiling going on looks like it's tiled round the tower rather than down it.

So... As I said... I just don't really understand it.

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#3]
I think the size of the door is fine. However, I think the woodwork around the door should be shrunk so that it is around the door, which would also mean getting rid of what appears to be two pieces at the top of the large woordwork. The windows in the front are WTFB. The windows in the tower look okay. You also need some windows on the bottom part of the front.

Just my thoughts.

I am not sure what style this is supposed to be, but to me it looks like some of the old buildings in villas in Mexico and South America.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2008) [#4]
@ Rob Farley: Do don`t understand this building??? Do you never see 4 windows in 1. You can`t open it. And the other one at the twin tower have a normal window. :).....But now, here an update :), look at the top.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#5]
It needs work - see the previous comments that others have made. Nice try, though - and I'm sure that with practice and experience your models will get better!

Blitzblaster(Posted 2008) [#6]
Yes i know JustLuke ;). Now an update again. So i think it is ok.

Zeotrope(Posted 2008) [#7]
A loathesome brute, yet I cannot look away!

Blitzblaster(Posted 2008) [#8]
Ok, here is the next one. It is WIP, but 80 % compled.

Ked(Posted 2008) [#9]
Hogwarts!

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#10]
Looks better :o) But the texture on the walls just isn't right. I looks as if the walls aren't flat, more like wavey. I think another texture would make it look 10 times better.

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#11]
Ya, the normal/bump map should conform to the bricks on the wall.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#12]
Howarts!

I wonder what it'd be like to be a Harry Potter fan who suffers from Tourette syndrome?

"Hogwarts! Hogwarts! Sorry, what I meant to say was... Slytherin! I mean... Hogwarts!"

Geehawk(Posted 2008) [#13]
Looking at the Hogwarts towers etc... I think a Harry Potter fan would probably suffer from 'Turrets' ......

Sorry .... I'll go now ....

Blitzblaster(Posted 2008) [#14]
@Ross C: Yes i change in the next days the texture. Here a medieval house.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#15]
A lot better than your first effort, although that roof is gravity-defyingly steep, and you don't want tiles on the underside of the roof.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#16]
old buildings like that were designed for people of an average 5 foot height so wtf use is an attic THAT big ;)

castle is good from the one image, but first one still sucks

Defoc8(Posted 2008) [#17]
..hmmmm - i like the roof being tall - more interesting..realistic or not.
dont like the underside tiles...jst seems like u couldnt be bothered
to texture it properly..

doorway looks a little small compared to brickwork + windows..

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#18]
I notice the quality of your buildings are steadily improving, keep it up!

Blitzblaster(Posted 2008) [#19]
Thanks for comments, i need the critics, because i change a little bit here and a little bit there. So in the next days a make the door a bit bigger and the underside, the tiles comes a bit bigger too. And thanks to chwaga for the nice words.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2008) [#20]
Update: Here is the final house.

Baystep Productions(Posted 2008) [#21]
Normals are better. But the under-side of the roof probably shouldn't be the brightest part. So its a great job, just the lightings tripping me out.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2008) [#22]
Today i have an new onlineshop at www.multimediapacks.de. The shop is ready for purchase all content and the price is now lower than before. Paypal and Banktransfer are available.

Regards
Blitzblaster

Zeotrope(Posted 2008) [#23]
CP510....I guess his light source is halfway up the structure..?

My issue is with the door bottom left...the wall thickness on the left hand side may make for a flimsy house. (Brick facing represents a thicker brick....but yours are a little thin as seen from the doorway)

Regardless, you have vastly improved your modelling skill from your first submission.

As for the steepness of the roof, some of these forum junkies have never been to the snow.

Well done!

Blitzblaster(Posted 2008) [#24]
Hi everybody!

I will not create a new thread, so here is a toon style scene.