Anybody want this?

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Anybody want this?

proud2bme(Posted 2008) [#1]
I've been on this forum for years. Only now am I getting around to posting stuff. I'd like to see somebody texture this, not because I can't but just to see if the UV and model layout is quality enough. The link to the model is at the bottom. Peace.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=162c1510aabc287ad2db6fb9a8902bda

Sorry for the size!!

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#2]
You'll have quite some trouble unwrapping them effectively because the topology is terrible. Generally in topology, the amount of triangles should be kept as low as possible (professional models usually have ZERO triangles). Triangles destroy edge loops, and edge loops are very handy for organic modeling and unwrapping. I think you'll find that unwrapping & texturing a model will be a heck of a lot easier with 0 triangles. I suggest you start cutting away and patching up edges until you've got no triangles (which shouldn't be that hard on such a low poly model, try doing it to a 4.6k alien with tentacles...*shudder*).

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#3]
I think the model, if i could offer some suggestions, needs to be tweak, proportions wise. His thighs are too short, and his overall leg length is too short. You can see this be covering the picture just to below his waist. His upper body suggests a far taller figure than he actually has.

I would agree with the above most times. I've found though, triangles can be handy, if used in end points though.

_PJ_(Posted 2008) [#4]
Doesnt need to be a human being, Could be a neat alien mutant thingy ;) But yeah, a ferw too many polys for the overall look of the thing I think.

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#5]
chwaga that's not always true. quads on the whole are best but the odd tri is ok.
the final in game model will be tri's anyway

proud2bme(Posted 2008) [#6]
I kinda like this model. Maybe some of you guys should download to check out the layout. Don't forget that it's in perspective mode in the picture so that's why the legs look so small. It probably is a little too high poly for Blitz3D though, but low enough for some.

About the whole quad thing; it's great to have quads for texturing and unwrapping but when it comes to distribution of content, models, in my opinion, should be in symmetrical tris. Only if it's going straight into an engine.