Skybox Pack Vol 1

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Skybox Pack Vol 1

Filax(Posted 2008) [#1]
hi

Here is my hi res skybox (cube type) pack :)

Click here!

Banshee(Posted 2008) [#2]
Looks nicely done, one thing though I wish skybox authors would do, is make use of the full texture area. If it's sitting on the graphics card RAM it may aswell get drawn. I tend to make my skyboxes with 5 directions rather than 6, and start them just below or on the horizon (depending on whether the game map allows for negative altitude).

Another thing to consider for a volume 2, if you make one, is identical skies at different times of day.

I like that they have no terrain in, matching game terrain to whatever is on the skybox so they blend well is always a challenge.

Filax(Posted 2008) [#3]
Hi Banshee

"matching game terrain to whatever is on the skybox so they blend well is always a challenge. "

For sure my friend ! :) For the volume two, i think to do 'night sky' because we alway forget to do it ;)

"I wish skybox authors would do, is make use of the full texture area."

It's not right all the time, because the skybox positioning is more easy when the horizon can be 'faded' with map objects. And don't forget if you have water plane ! see a sky texture beyond the water level is not terrible too :)

See ya :)