first model....

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/first model....

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hey, guys, been programming for a while, but I decided to have a whack at modeling.... So I downloaded Blender and went for a low poly headless humanoid primitive.... turned out quite nice!

let me know what you think...

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#2]
torso looks abit squat to me
i know its headless but were you using the old 'x' amount of heads high scale cos if you were its out of whack
perhaps its the right height but a tad too wide

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#3]
Yeah, this one is going to be turned into a goblin.

I went for slightly longated arms and a thicker shorter body/wider.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#4]
Looks good for a first go, apart from the arms are too long and the feet are too big.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#5]
i cant even draw stick men

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#6]
I'm done with the goblin model... i'll post it in a bit..

does anyone know the best way to texture a model? I have zero (and I mean zero) experience unwrapping/texturing

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#7]
Nice, reminds me of my troll model(shape of the feet). Have you seen the video tutorial from http://www.montagestudio.org?

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#8]
yeah, thats actually why I wanted to try it... he made it look so easy... So I googled a couple goblin references and went to town.

so here's my goblin.... texture could be alot better, but as I said, I suck at texturing....

also, how do you count polys? do you count quads as 2 polys or 1? I count quads as polys and triangles as polys at the moment.

let me know what you think of the model.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#9]
he has no pants just a shirt.

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#10]
well I figure goblins arent that proper...

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#11]
Did you add the correctly bending knees and elbows?

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#12]
?

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#13]
Well, you can see it in the video tutorial. Cutting the knee and elbow faces in half and forming a triangle facing towards the front of the bending parts so there won't be much stretching polys in animation.

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#14]
no not yet.. maybe when I animate it