Music Demos

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Music Demos

Shambler(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi all, I have updated my sig to include some music snippets so you can hear what I have been up to lately...not much programming going on here for a while ;)

They range from stuff I have done recently on the left to older pieces on synths I don't even own any more!

Hope you like them.

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#2]
What's the music for? By that I mean what should/will this music be used for? They are pretty good, I just don't understand what they would fit into.

Also I think this 'Graphics Showcase' section should be 'Art Showcase', as this still seems like an appropriate post here.

Shambler(Posted 2008) [#3]
I'm composing my first album atm and some of the tunes are for this.

Some of the links are like sketches i.e. rough ideas for future work.

Most of the stuff I do is purely for the fun of creating music though.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2008) [#4]
I hear`d all tracks and i must say for free it is not bad. For commercial use there quality of the samples are a bit low. The track with the guitar, the drums are a bit to quietly. He need more pressure. And you must play more with the dynamic of the samples. What i kind of tools and samples do you have?

Shambler(Posted 2008) [#5]
Thanks for the comments Blitzblaster.

The samples are all stock sounds on Fantom XR, Fantom V-Synth and Access Virus...it may be the way that they are encoded (128 bit mp3) that lowers the quality?...trying to keep the file size down was a major consideration just for demo purposes.

I'll look into the guitar track drums although it was just a demo of synth guitar to try and compete with some real guitar demos ;)

Blitzblaster(Posted 2008) [#6]
The 128 bit are not this problem. The problem is the mix and mastering. And what i kind of sequenzer to you have?

Shambler(Posted 2008) [#7]
I'm using cubase 4 studio.

Just noticed that the eq on each channel was set to roll off at about 15-20KHz, I have now adjusted it to boost bass and top end frequencies.

Having a hearing defect I guess I am not the best person to try and mix =)

I'm going to plug in a spectrometer to see what's going on and compare it to other music sources.

Will update the 4 newest demo's as soon as my isp sitebuilder is back up.

New mixes now uploaded for the first 4 tunes.

EOF(Posted 2008) [#8]
Veeeery nice music. My favourite being ICanPlayzGuitar
(A hint of Jean Michael Jarre in that one)
They are all good I must say!