Cars

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Cars

olo(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi, these models are my first and since i dont have a modeling program i decided to try and make a couple of cars using cubes and some spheres in Blitz3d.

With a bit of playing around this is what i came up with:

Car 1

Car 1

Car 2

Car 2

Please tell me what you think, all welcome

Yahfree(Posted 2008) [#2]
take a look at blender, creating meshes programaticly is much harder. but they look decent, really low poly

Vorderman(Posted 2008) [#3]
AC3D is an excellent modeller, much easier to get to grips with than Blender.

http://www.inivis.com/

olo(Posted 2008) [#4]
Do you have to buy AC3D or can you download it for free? Blender just made my head spin..

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#5]
Try Wings3D... there are lots of tutorials available for it.

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#6]
Blender is really cool.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#7]
Blender is awful. Use it only if you like pain and suffering.

fredborg(Posted 2008) [#8]
Those cars are great! You should team up with Stevie G :)

Doggie(Posted 2008) [#9]

Modeled in 15 minutes(cuz I'm retawded...:p)

Inexpensively in Serif:ImpactPlus 4 ($10.00)

(if you're looking for a cheap decent modeler)

OK

Ked(Posted 2008) [#10]

lol

plash(Posted 2008) [#11]
You should probably learn how to use it before bashing it down.

Ked(Posted 2008) [#12]
You should probably learn how to use it before bashing it down.

Oh no...

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#13]
Those cars are great! You should team up with Stevie G :)

Agree!

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#14]

Really? There is a lot of masochist in the world then.

olo(Posted 2008) [#15]
Thanks for all your comments, really appreciate it.

so many modelling programs to choose from..but i wont pick anything too advanced, i think i will stick to learning programming and maybe later will try out modelling. It seems fun though. Anyway, got lots of time.. just a kid

olo(Posted 2008) [#16]
Hi again, just finished another car:

Car3

Car3

Car3

and again, please comment

Thanks

Jerome Squalor(Posted 2008) [#17]
i kinda like the idea that u made those cars in blitz. it would be cool to make a full game without any other files. hmmmm...

po(Posted 2008) [#18]
There is no modeler easier or more intuitive than Wings3D. It's not the most powerful, but it sure beats modeling with programing.

Pete Carter(Posted 2008) [#19]
I think the thing about blender is that the UI is just so all over the place. but its a really powerful bit of software if you can stick with it long enough to get past it steap learning cerve.

plash(Posted 2008) [#20]
I agree, the ui is quite strange at first, but it makes hella lot more sense once you actually get into it. I reckon its much faster to model in blender then most others, not just because of its ui, though.

N(Posted 2008) [#21]
There is no modeler easier or more intuitive than Wings3D. It's not the most powerful, but it sure beats modeling with programing.
You haven't tried Silo then. I'd recommend it, it's like Wings 3D, but much, much better designed.

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#22]
Is Silo free though Noel ?

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#23]
Unfortunately some people have an odd fear of anything non-windows like that doesnt have the usual little icon pictures to click on & some just hate to read/watch a tutorial to be able to use it. (some programs, you just... have to. Blender is one such)

Once you know it though, Blender is awesome, especially the bones animator. Check out the video tutorials and give it a week or two. Out of all of those mentioned (which i also use or have used), IMO it is the best character/prop modeller for b3d when used with gandalfs exporter.

dawlane(Posted 2008) [#24]
Unfortunately some people have an odd fear of anything non-windows like that doesnt have the usual little icon pictures to click on & some just hate to read/watch a tutorial to be able to use it. (some programs, you just... have to. Blender is one such)

No I just have the fear that I will get so bl**y frustrated and introduce MR Computer to MR Hammer or MR Open-Window.
But unfortunately Blender is the only powerful tool that will run on Linux (I usually use Cinema4D on windows. Now if only Blender was as easy to use). So I will have to perceiver (I think I will be about 92 when I finally get it).

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#25]
Lol, i admit frustration is there at the start. Goes away once you get a "feel" for it tho.
Use the video tutorials, they shook off any dislike i had for it in about 2 weeks :)

Blender is the only powerful tool that will run on Linux

..Dont forget you can get; MAYA , wings , AC3D , XSI & others for Linux too ;)

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#26]
I use either anim8or or Delgine, both have free version and are good for simple modelling needs.