more character stuff

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/more character stuff

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#1]
figured i would create a new topic as the original page will become huge if I keep adding to it.

skinning is more or less done. gotta build two lod's and finish the teeth and inside mouth.

done a pretty good walk cycle, but need about 10 more done.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#2]
Oh, i like it! Nice work as always. You need a female adventurer too btw!

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#3]
Very nice. Is this for a Blitz Project?

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#4]
Thanks guys. This is part of my first model Pack - I will test it in Blitz, but its just a shame that there is no proper normal map support for it.

Ross C , the female is under way, but still a lot of work to do on it. - should be fun to do though

Any suggestions would be welcome - might give hima backpack and some tools/weapons

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#5]
I can help you to get your normal map working in blitz if you want ruz. One direction light only though.

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#6]
Lovely,

Shirt looks a bit thick and chest muscles need some better definition via normal map I think. But those are small details apart from that really professional.

puki(Posted 2008) [#7]
Sniff.

caff_(Posted 2008) [#8]
Nice stuff.

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#9]
yeah Mortis, still a few tweaks to do, so will sort out a few of those issues.

Ross C I would love it if normal mapping worked properly in Blitz and you can have a go if you like, but I have a feeling it just doesn't look as good as it should . It not just getting a 'normal map look', it has to be able to support specular maps as well.
just been looking at dx studio which has proper normal map support.
seems pretty cool as does truevision

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#10]
looks great

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#11]
little update on this.

I am pleased with how its coming out, but am wondering if its the sort of thing people would buy.
Probably folks will go more for military stuff/swat team etc.

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#12]

too many pies and curries:)

klepto2(Posted 2008) [#13]
I could test it with minib3d if you're interested. It supports normal and specular mapping. and a lot of other stuff.

Great model btw :)

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#14]
With the glasses on, he looks like a young Mickey Rourke.

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#15]
klepto2 - sounds good. give me a while as I have to make the lods and do a few more anims

Duffer - mickey rourke looks a bit rough theses days. he was cool in angel heart.

Zethrax(Posted 2008) [#16]
Looks good generally, although the legs look way too short.

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#17]
Sorry Bill, but you are just plain wrong, the proportions are spot on - 8 heads high more or less with the groin dropped slightly because its baggy pants.

EDIT :I concede that the waist could be raised a little, but I think the legs being way too short is a bit over the top:)

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#18]

updated with waist raised higher fixed version on the left

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#19]
These are all WIP

not too keen on this character so far, I just find shorts hard to make look good.

latest version of the naked dude. Textured mainly in zbrush then overlays in pshop

haven't got too far on this, so you can hopefully see this progress over the next few weeks. I have only really worked on the head and boobs so far

This was done in about 2 hours, all in zbrush and using the standard brush - apart from the lace holes which used a variation of the standard brush

same deal here - standard brush subd level 5 detail

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2008) [#20]
Great work, as usual. The Barbie Gender kind of confuses me :)
Character Design became a Higher Arts discipline IMHO. Just compare this to the early FPS Characters. Amazing!

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#21]
cheers jfk. yeah there is certainly a lot more to producing a character these days.
trying to work on the high res/ low res/ diffuse textures/specular texture and trying to stay focused is quite tough.

yeah the female needs more work , but she will look nice when i have finished hopefully