zbrush art sruff

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/zbrush art sruff

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#1]

Snarkbait(Posted 2008) [#2]
wow!

Amon(Posted 2008) [#3]
Wow is what I should have said when I first saw it, also. :)

The attention to detail is impressive.

Zethrax(Posted 2008) [#4]
Amazing stuff!

simonh(Posted 2008) [#5]
Seriously, seriously impressive. Was everything done in ZBrush? How long did it take you to do?

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#6]
Dam... That'd so goooooooooood.

Blitz3dCoder(Posted 2008) [#7]
Dang your good. Is this like a personal interest, or do you do something like this for a living?

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#8]
cheers guys. yes I do this for a living . used to hang around Blitz forums quite a lot. currently freelancing as a character artist on 'APB' for Real Time worlds.

simonh - The male guys took me months , because I was trying to build the 'perfect' base mesh, but the female has taken about 8 hours so far as I used the male base mesh to start from.

worflow is - base mesh in max mainly quads - zbrush the details - export lowest level back to max , tweak the low poly to fit the volumes of the high res as best i can - unwrap the uv 's - bake the normal map in max - paint he diffuse map in pshop.

The trousers were hand painted in zbrush, even the seams and pockets using a fairly low poly base mesh.

Beaker(Posted 2008) [#9]
The man is incredible!

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2008) [#10]
Man, I gotta try Z-Brush. I see a lot of artist do some really great stuff with it. Do you start with a model from another program and refine it in Z-Brush, or do you do it entirely in Z-Brush.

simonh(Posted 2008) [#11]
You can do either. ZBrush has a neat tool called ZSpheres where you can rough out a character shape using spheres, and then ZBrush converts that to a seamless mesh which you can add detail to.

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#12]
yeah I never use them personally, my base mesh is always done externally, but lots of artists do use them.

big10p(Posted 2008) [#13]
Awesome.

scribbla(Posted 2008) [#14]
Superior stuff, makes me want to give up trying

caff_(Posted 2008) [#15]
Awesome.

Yep, that about sums it up :)

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#16]
cheers for the comments. pleased you like them.
one more from a recent WIP.

puki(Posted 2008) [#17]
"Ruz" this is very good stuff.

I still need characters for my Star Trek game. "Kirk", "Spock", etc.

I'll say no more.

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#18]
hey wish i had the time puki. When I am not working on stuff I am doing my zbrush mularkey.
what specs are you going for on the characters BTW

Genexi2(Posted 2008) [#19]
Please tell me you didn't model all those pant folds by hand....
(they take long enough to draw properly on paper)

Crazy attention to detail there as already mentioned.

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#20]
yeah the pants folds are all zbrushed.
Its easily possible to model them by hand , but too time consuming

Hotshot2005(Posted 2008) [#21]
THAT is very good modelings :)

Snarkbait(Posted 2008) [#22]
Honestly, the facial modelling is about the best I've ever seen. You truly have a gift.

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2008) [#23]
Very very impressive. Nice job. How many polys is that?

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#24]
cheers Snarkbait, Xyle.
I think my stuff is ok, but looking at some stuff on zbrush central, there are much better than me out there.

The Pressguy is just below 6,000 polys with 1024 textures for head and body

Algo(Posted 2008) [#25]
Hey Ruz,
Good to see you're still producing superb work.

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#26]
thanks Adam.
Heywe still have n't finished that demo man:)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2008) [#27]
Very well done! Now I only need a machine that can render these in realtime :o) Tho, 6000 isn't a lot, considering how smooth it looks. The hair is looking a bit too "massive" imho. Then again I don't know if you can use alpha blending there.

BTW about the gal, is this Angelina Jolies mouth?

Algo(Posted 2008) [#28]
Heh true. Not played it in a while, will have to get it out.

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#29]
jfk I would like toi do some work for you man, loving the FPS stufff you are doing
yeah really 6000 polys i ore than enough for smooth work:)
Algo I enoyed working on skinnybob. got me plenty of interviews

maximo(Posted 2008) [#30]
Skinnybobthejester.com
What you need, when you need it English Español Français 中文 Deutsch Português 日本語 Nederlands Italiano 한국어

Related searches
Women Love Make Love Gospel Music Music Video Music Lyric Online Music Music Videos

nice work on the website that you got in you signature, I pasted in the preview of ´the work ;)

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#31]
yeah that domain expired long time ago maximo.I should remove it from my sig really.

Algo(Posted 2008) [#32]
Glad to hear it got you some interviews.
Your email address doesn't seem to be working either.

AdrianT(Posted 2008) [#33]
wow, very nice indeed. If you need somewhere to showcase your models you might like to check out Flow ;P. Very nice community edition 3dsmax exporter too. Wish I had the time to do proper character work. I appreciate the time and skill that went into those models.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2008) [#34]
Blimey, that's some seriously sweet work! outstanding! :-)

I always loved Zbrush, Long time user myself, but I am no artist, I can just about manage to pump out a lunar surface scene haha.