Iron Coffins showcase

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Iron Coffins showcase

Chad(Posted 2008) [#1]
Well, it's been almost 6 months since I last posted any news on my project that I've been working on. So, as a favor to the BRL forums, I'll showcase some of the stuff I have been working on.

First off, is a cruiser in the water, sailing in an easterly direction.

Then, 5500 meters dead ahead is a merchant, a juicy target that we anxiously want to attack.

Some rendered shots of the new Control Room straight from Milkshape3d (no shadows from Gile[s], in-game sprites, etc!). This is not finished, nor how it will look in end-game because of above mentioned.

And last but not least, a small little video of one of the humans for my game.
http://www.chadmcrae.com/human1.wmv

Remember, that a lot of this is just rendered in Milkshape3d, and not actually in game, so after lightmapping and finishing some other stuff, it'll look better.

puki(Posted 2008) [#2]
This looks exciting.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#3]
Looks nice. Couldn't help noticing that, unless I'm much mistaken, you've spelt "Achtung" wrong.

Chad(Posted 2008) [#4]
Yes, you're correct Gfk, I've got to fix that :)

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#5]
nice boat and water graphics

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#6]
Some nice modelling there :o)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2008) [#7]
Haha, that's what I call Pseudo-Nazi Ambiance. Looks great btw. reminds me of a number of games where some levels played on a ship or in a sub. BTW how did you make the water?

maximo(Posted 2008) [#8]
If Red October saw this he would be jelous, shame he is not around here to amuse us :) nice work1 ;)

Chad(Posted 2008) [#9]
The water is from the water competition forever ago, Fredborg's water, slightly modified to meet my needs. Only problem is still that below the surface till about 1 meter, it's still 100% transparent till that point. Bit of a pain, and have to lower the ship abit more than I would like, but I can live with it.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#10]
http://www.fastlibs.com/

That might help you? There's a thread in blitz3d, about £200 for blitz3d updgrade, with a money off voucher. £15 :o) Great little library. includes clip planes and such.