sword

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/sword

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#1]
egadz!!
there hasn't been a new topic here for like three days!!
I thought I'd add something.

I got a ZBrush trial verson...it's valid for another 22 days (which I will cherish). IT'S SWEET. I built myself a sword out of primitives and extractions and so on, with fancy materials and all. It's from a tutorial, so i still suck at modelling :). There's around 370,000 polygons in the sword (most of which is TOTALLY useless), you can't really see the detail I put in the hilt the the low-res-ness of the image, but there's 200k worth of polys worth of micro-detail on the hilt. In 3D it looks so much better. This is not at all meant to be real-time, the only place it'd work in realtime would be within ZBrush itself (pixologic = magicians, on a 2g RAM comp, I can do up to 4million polygons in REALTIME. somehow they found a way). Enjoy

Comment or suffer the dire consequences.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#2]
It's an interesting mix between a katana and a scimitar. I like the blade and the guard, but the texture on the handle is a bit poor.

Rob Farley(Posted 2008) [#3]
Hmmm...

JA2(Posted 2008) [#4]
oO

puki(Posted 2008) [#5]
370,000 polys?

I will be speaking with your parents.

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#6]
its ZBrush, where you put a rediculous amount of detail in, only to discovor that most of it you can't see in the very small picture :(

the handle's got a ton of micro-detail on it in 3d

Chad(Posted 2008) [#7]
Wow Rob.. wow

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#8]
lol, i just divided the blade a bunch, and now the sword's around 5,300,000 polygons... :P

plash(Posted 2008) [#9]
i think thats called a cutlass.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#10]
Nah. It hasn't got the correct guard for a cutlass.

Smurfpuss(Posted 2008) [#11]
370,000 polygons wow thats a lot even for a modell like that

JA2(Posted 2008) [#12]

Smurfpuss(Posted 2008) [#13]
Nice one JA2 almoste makes me whant to make a sword model

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#14]
LOL don't think I've seen that episode of Star Wars, Rob!

JA2(Posted 2008) [#15]
Thanks Smurfpuss ;)