Apple

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Apple

mintybreath(Posted 2008) [#1]
This is my first 3D design in 3DS Max! (First that looks good). I am really happy about it. I made it by playing around with the line tool, and lathing. One came out like this, looking somewhat like an apple. So i went with it.

Hope you all enjoy it as much as i do! :D

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#2]
to embed an image, all you have to do is give the URL. No need for additinal tags around it. Just dropping the [IMG] and [/IMG] from the above does this:

puki(Posted 2008) [#3]
Well, it resembles an apple.

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#4]
very nice, though you should bend and taper the stem thingy, and the apple sould be slightly taller (re-scale it)

mintybreath(Posted 2008) [#5]
ive yet to learn how to bend and taper, but ill play around with those tools.

Thanks for the constructive criticizm. :)

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#6]
they're modifiers

mintybreath(Posted 2008) [#7]
Quick Question.

I played around with bend, and figured that out. But what exactly does taper do? I can see the change, but am not really sure about what it does. Does it make the end of it bigger? that is the most i can see.

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#8]
taper does exactly what the word "taper" means. It allows you to make one end larger, the other smaller, or the other way around. For the odd rotation of your stem, you may need to rotate the gizmo for the modifiers on the stem (click on the modifier name on YOUR stack, if it's yellow, you're in gizmo mode and can use the regular translation tools to move it)

mintybreath(Posted 2008) [#9]
Oh ok. thanks for clearing that up. Maybe next time ill just look up the word in the dictionary.

I'll play around with those tools and see what i can do.

stayne(Posted 2008) [#10]
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread?t=11462

That should help you a bit with texturing. It's Blender-based but the concepts are there.

mintybreath(Posted 2008) [#11]
Ok ill look at that. Thanks, until now ive had trouble with textures. With textures, can i just use any program?
Like paint shop or something?

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#12]
yup, but for an apple you could just use materials

Loginname(Posted 2008) [#13]
It's a bit broad isn't it?

mintybreath(Posted 2008) [#14]
Ya, i think its a bit short. That point was brought up earlier. Im currently working on a better one.

Smurfpuss(Posted 2008) [#15]
well mintybreath dont rush to learn 3dsmax is a preatty big program if u havent done any 3d beffore but is a good program to it has a lot of tools when u know em all
and there is a lot of help full tutorials on the web when it comes to uv wrapping but play around whit it and u will soon make some amazing images and modells u are now prob even better then me in 3dsmax

SoggyP(Posted 2008) [#16]
Core!