Some development shots..

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Some development shots..

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#1]
..this is my upcoming stuff im working on some time..

JustLuke(Posted 2007) [#2]
Not bad, but there's some strange focus tricks going on there. Maybe you're applying the effect too unsubtly, but it has a really strange effect on my eyes - they want to refocus, but obviously they can't. It makes rather uncomfortable viewing, in my opinion.

As far as the model work goes, it's not bad, but everything seems rather too sharp and uniform. Add some bevelled edges and non-uniformity (make 'em slightly more rounded and wonky) and they'll look better.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#3]
Looks great. I'm a little unsure about the DOF effect. I really like it in the bottom image, it really puts the background in the background, which is the point of the effect. In the top image, though, it seems the leaves on the tree are blurring like crazy but the trunk is completly clear. Surely the trunk and the leaves must be essentially the same distance from the camera?

Also in the third image, you have a really nice bump effect on the mountains which gives a lot of texture and depth to the scene, but the blur effect on some of the more distant cliffs kind of takes that off again. So it's sort of like the bump mapping and the DOF are at odds with each other there. Hopefully you can tweak the DOF so that it doesn't detract from the bumpiness quite so much. I don't know how many levels of depth you have right now, but if it's customizable, perhaps another couple of levels might take care of that.

I'm not entirely sure what sort of game we're looking at. Perhaps you're being intentionally enigmatic. I'm thinking some kind of third person action/platform game?

Jsoren(Posted 2007) [#4]
this looks nice, the focus thing is a bit wierd, but there seems to be some nice bump-mapping on those rocks. I definitly like the style!
this is going in a good direction so far, keep up the good work.

JS

z4g0(Posted 2007) [#5]
looks good!!
yes, DOF looks strange sometimes, but I thinks that a simple system that set the DOF near/far value from pickedEntity distance will get better.

Also cool the
"rainbowcubemap [0]+NormalMapDot3 [1]+ flatlightAdditive [2]" texture effects on the rocks!

so.. the natural environment things are good, the artificial things, like the small town peraph needs a lightmaps with more details (or more contrast)

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#6]
Oh yes, I forgot that. A little more contrast in the lighting of the peripheral objects would be good too.

Grisu(Posted 2007) [#7]
Nice job.

As mentioned already the depth of field / blur seems to be wrong...

Genexi2(Posted 2007) [#8]
You need to make that specular effect more subtle, in the second image it just completely clashes with the uh....floating land pieces.

Otherwise, not a bad start. This is Bmax?

puki(Posted 2007) [#9]
I think it looks terribly exciting.

However, I don't like DOF - lose it. Don't even think about adding HDR, or bump mapping. They are all bent. Sub-surface scattering is fine though - I use it all the time.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#10]
..yeahh..regarding DOF, you have to see it in motion to get brighter picture about whats going on ;)..its kind a focus/defocus on camera during runtime, based on story, so thats why I grab in 'half way shots'...this is 9th level out of 15..all things are in motion, grass is completely flex bodies, as well as trees(leaves)..it is 3rd perspective fantasy game, and main character is completely motion captured with about 65 mocap animations(im really not joking), and about 60 enemies trough all 15 worlds, but with approx,3-4 blended animations...anyway..thats what im working at the moment..this is not Bmax...im using B3D as a IDE, but renderer is something else..I'll tell ya once post demo..:)

z4g0(Posted 2007) [#11]
im using B3D as a IDE, but renderer is something else..I'll tell ya once post demo..:)

from screens looks alot like "only" B3D+(Ashadow or other postrenderFx dll)!
what colud be... mmmm dunno... waiting ;)

Jim Teeuwen(Posted 2007) [#12]
I do like the general style of it all. Looks great.
I have to agree with the DoF though. Specially the tree's in the bottom image make it very apparent. My eyes trying very hard to focus on them because it is so obvious and visible. Perhaps losen up on the blurring intensity a lil.

For the rest I am impressed :)

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#13]
Very, very impressed.
Love the 'style' of the look.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#14]
This is looking very good so far. What modeler and UV tool are you using for the landscape?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#15]
..all geometry is done in 3DSMAX, as well as texturing and unwrapping...light on this particular level is done with Giles, but im going to drop that too, and redo all things in max, using Mental ray as a light renderer and exporting lightmap for areas i dont want to be affected by dynamic shadows will be done trough this great plug in http://www.rendertotexture.com/ , what will finaly give me freedom to generate any map i want on any way i want, with much more power and flexibility than good old giles did..3dsmax rules man..I didnt regret one single cent by buying it..

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#16]
how'd you get a realtime DoF in blitz3d?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#17]
you can do it over Ashadow library, however, this is not Blitz3D, except 'something' else is nailed on to B3D...I said 'something' because i was asked to keep it like that for a while..

Matty(Posted 2007) [#18]
Looks very nice but don't you wish blitz3d had antialiasing - some of those statues with spears the jaggies are really noticeable. I've been spending so much time looking at non real time rendered scenes lately so maybe I'm biased.

Looks good.

How does it play?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#19]
this is not final..its just test over finished geometry..I have 6 levels to go....its 3rd perspective fantasy game..

scribbla(Posted 2007) [#20]
like the style , that rock texture/tile looks great , a bit too wet looking but good

Blitzplotter(Posted 2007) [#21]
F.Ken heel, those shots look good! nice eye candy... (;-)