Delivery Game Sneak Preview

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Delivery Game Sneak Preview

t3K|Mac(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi!

Here you have a little sneak preview of our maincharacter from our upcoming game called delivery. Its still in progress.

Any comments appreciated.

Matty(Posted 2007) [#2]
Looks very good. How many polygons is he? What animations does he perform?

Tom(Posted 2007) [#3]
quality work!

Neuro(Posted 2007) [#4]
Looks cool...so what is he delivering?

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#5]
Excellent quality - well done.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2007) [#6]
polys are roughly 7000 (depending on extra equipment he's carrying). animations are beeing worked out at the moment. the character can rotate his head left/right/up/down while performing animations...
but still a loooooot to do...

Pete Carter(Posted 2007) [#7]
not for blitz3d then ? im sure you can get the poly count down alot. good looking model and texture though

big10p(Posted 2007) [#8]
I like the standing pose - looks natural. Unlike some models I could mention. :P

Ked(Posted 2007) [#9]
Unlike some models I could mention. :P

Thats a hard one. ;/

Yes. They do look very good. IMO, something you'd see in a 360 game?

Hey! I just noticed the model has your t3k shield on his arm!

puki(Posted 2007) [#10]
How much is it and what other ones have you got?

big10p(Posted 2007) [#11]
3 biiiiillion dollars!

t3K|Mac(Posted 2007) [#12]
its rendered in blitz3d for our b3d game. probably we have to shave off some polys for better performance. we push blitz3d to its limits!

the armpatches are downloaded from our masterserver and automatically applied (so every player can get his own armpatch on this model).

@puki: you cannot buy it, you have to steal it ;)

Duckstab[o](Posted 2007) [#13]
omg dont tempt puki all your media is now lost :(

\o/ free models for everyone :O

Ross C(Posted 2007) [#14]
I don't think 7000 poly's would be a huge amount for a character. All depends on background detail and such. Looks excellent!! PUUUUUUUUUUUUSH IT!!

Hotshot2005(Posted 2007) [#15]
Look Great :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#16]
Looks good. Tho it hurts a little now that I know "Delivery" won't be some kind of "Doug Hafernen meets Agent 47" game.

7000 is way too much. I think today people use about 2500 Polies and a Normalmap made of a 250'000 polies version.

stayne(Posted 2007) [#17]
Very nice work on the UVs man!

mintybreath(Posted 2007) [#18]
@jfk EO-11110 : Lol, that would be awesome.

Anyway: Very nice looking game. It sure looks like your putting alot of effort into it. I hope, and bet, it will pay off. :)

t3K|Mac(Posted 2007) [#19]
thanks for the comments so far, we are putting every free minute into this game. but it takes looooooooooong to finish such a game. much longer than i expected. but ok, the AAA developers are behind their timetable too - so this in not a real issue. at least for me ;)

t3K|Mac(Posted 2008) [#20]
sorry for digging out this thread, but we have released a video of this game. so watch out!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O1blZLnWhvU

have fun!

comments are still welcome ;)

Chad(Posted 2008) [#21]
Very nice, looking good. I watched your video and then a tactical ops video that was a "related video" and yours looks 100% better.

Great showcase for B3D in my opinion, up there with techno for Blitz3d's fps's.

puki(Posted 2008) [#22]
Very professional looking.

However, this isn't written in Blitz is it?

t3K|Mac(Posted 2008) [#23]
this is blitz3d with ashadow and giles. powerful package ;)
but no puki, i will not hand over the source ;-)

puki(Posted 2008) [#24]
Aha.

Do you know why I asked the question in the first place?

Hint: I deem you are killing your product - to the point of stabbing it to death.

Why is this?

Perturbatio(Posted 2008) [#25]
I thought this was going to be a UPS simulator :)

Looks nice :)

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#26]
The screenshots haven't really done anything for me, but the screenshots don't do the game justice. The video looks very impressive, and I'm looking forward to playing a demo.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2008) [#27]
thanks for the comments so far. i'll try to do my best for finishing a demo...

Pete Carter(Posted 2008) [#28]
its rendered in blitz3d for our b3d game. probably we have to shave off some polys for better performance. we push blitz3d to its limits!

how many animated meshes do you have because thats the limit of blitz3d not really polycount as much.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#29]
MD2's, although ugly, really help speed things up and if they are well made, then they look fairly decent, as long as they are not allowed to be inspected too closerly.

Video looks awesome. Really does... Slap in some AI and your cooking.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2008) [#30]
@pete: there will be 16 fully animated characters.

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#31]
you could easy get that down to 1500 polys without losing too much from the silhouette. you sure it was 7000 polys?
The shoulders are really chunky for that kind of polycount

Snarkbait(Posted 2008) [#32]
I saw the youtube video of this game, looking very very nice.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2008) [#33]
@ruz: most detail is the head

head has 1700 polys, legs 1500, chest 1900 (roughly), plus weapons

if you crunch the model to 1500 polys it looks ugly when animating... so in some areas you need more polys. maybe we can shave off some polys here and there, we'll see ;)

Tab(Posted 2008) [#34]
The youtube video is excellent...

Congratz.

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#35]
I think you need to put the polys where they are needed ie around the joints, places where they deform.
Believe me even for next gen stuff 7,000 is quite high. at most by the looks of your game you should be aiming for no more than 4,000 tops.
just my opinion of course:0

t3K|Mac(Posted 2008) [#36]
tell this my friend who is modeling ;) i am just the coder... i have to use what i get.

Ruz(Posted 2008) [#37]
yeah i understand , just trying to help :)

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#38]
The video itself looks pretty good, but the music really doesn't fit it...

Snarkbait(Posted 2008) [#39]
only minor thing I saw - the head bob effect seems a little too bouncy.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2008) [#40]
the sound is not the game sound. its just an interim music.

the bob effect - i'll take a closer look and compare it to AAA titles. maybe you are right.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2008) [#41]
Indeed the video looks great. I couldn't see if the grass is animated, is it? BTW Reloading animation looks great. Something I dropped for the sake of simplicity, but not I miss it.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2008) [#42]
no, the grass is not animated (too slow) - but i will add an option to rotate the texture, so a little movement is possible. grass movement would be a nice feature of shaders.. but we don't have them in b3d..