A bit of music...

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/A bit of music...

Rob Farley(Posted 2007) [#1]
I installed cubase again for the first time in... um... 5 years or so... Anyway, plugged in all my old midi gear, spent far too long sorting out where all the patches go and found a couple of tunes I wrote at least 5 years ago...

Anyhoo... Maybe I like them because I'm nostalgic, but I thought I'd share with the group!

I will accept they do sound a touch dated, and kinda go on a bit! But I was going through my 'epic tunes' phase!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rob.farley/download/Music/Green.mp3
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rob.farley/download/Music/No_Way.mp3

Murilo(Posted 2007) [#2]
I really like both tunes. A few of the instruments date the tracks slightly imho, but it's definitely the sort of stuff I'd happily listen to. I'm an 80s/synth/computer music kinda guy though :)

More!

Yeshu777(Posted 2007) [#3]
Had a quick listen, pretty good.

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#4]
can I use these for my game?

Rob Farley(Posted 2007) [#5]
Milky: Yeah, the sounds are all from a couple of old sound modules, hence a few of the sounds being 'retro' ! Might have to play with these (and others) and take out the older sounds replacing them with some nice new vst instruments or something.

chwaga: Depends on what the game is, if it's any good, if you're going to be selling the game etc etc. I'm happy to licence music either for money or no money depending on various other agreements. Credit, links to sites, etc. I'd need to know the details before agreeing to anything.

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#6]
the game would be non-commercial, purely for hobby. I'd probably be using the music for background music or something :) I can supply credits in the end-game credits, and links etc. on my website.

Andy_A(Posted 2007) [#7]
The first tune definitely reminded me of the music from the move "Risky Business". Specifically the music of the train "ride" on the "L".

Liked both tunes, nicely done!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#8]
I like the drums of green. Probably I'd trry to replace one of the synthies with some guitar riffs (can you use samples this way?).

"No way" definitely has this "get ready for the showdown" touch, tho I thought the snare was only a snare-sidehit (on the metal ring), I'd use a fat saturated snare sound here.
And again, the nostalgic synthie to be replaced, at least partially, by some distorted guitars: there you go, charts 2007.

Rob Farley(Posted 2007) [#9]
JFK, Yeah, you're right, I need to put some guitar on it, when I wrote these many moons ago all I had was a very old version of cubase (so old it even had 'special windows 95 optimisations' !) so there was no audio recording with it, just midi...

Anyway, I've got a nice shiny new version now so I've got a world of VST synths and audio recording to play with now!

These were simply imported into my new version of Cubase and made to work! But definitely a bit of guitar on them wouldn't go a miss!

Blitzblaster(Posted 2007) [#10]
Hi Rob!

I like both tracks. I would like to create a melody for both tracks. E-Guitar or nice synthie`s. But i like the style.

Regards Blitzblaster

Nebula(Posted 2007) [#11]