WW2 Tank Model T34 (& other vehicles)

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/WW2 Tank Model T34 (& other vehicles)

Banshee(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hello, my brother has finished work on his latest model and has asked me to post links to it here for your perusal. It's game rigged and ready to roll so anyone making a WW2 game of the Eastern Front might want to check it out.

He's done a lot of other WW2 models that you might also be interested in.

Here are some pictures:

T-34

Panzerkampfwagon VI Ausf E "Tiger Tank"

Here is the model shop (dont panic, my brother is economically competetive with swett shop child labour because he does it for the love)
http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_search.aspx?id_author=225276

puki(Posted 2007) [#2]
Good stuff "Rosebud". I'm a big fan of the Daleks and these ones are really good - somewhat irregular shaped - but very good texturing. I like the idea of giving them tracks - now they can go up stairs - nice one!

I've no need for them, but I did previously purchase the sci-fi corridor system - not used it yet, but I like it.

p.s.
I've not seen your terrain system in my inbox - Overlord or whatever it is called.

Banshee(Posted 2007) [#3]
lol, it'll arrive in your inbox the day I earn my first million :).

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#4]
bansheestudios server doesn't respond ATM, but the T34 on http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_details.aspx?id_product=37292 is looking pretty good.

Banshee(Posted 2008) [#5]
Well i'm digging up this old thread because in the last year my brother has made a lot more tank models! Of course being the cunning entrepreneur he is you can buy them for use in your own projects right now without having to wait for us to finish our project :)

Shop: http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?FuseAction=ProcessSearch&intStartRow=1&intMediaType=-1&istSearchKey=nickigoe

Defoc8(Posted 2008) [#6]
models look well constructed :)
- texturing looks a little simple - missing some detail/damage/welds..

- im guessing a given model uses a single texture map? - how large is
this map?

Jst a word of advice - these are low poly models - so you should really use viewport renders - not raytraced renders - you dont know what your
getting when raytraced renders are used...

sorry if that comes across as negative feedback - thats not my intention..
- the models look really well thought out + modeled..jst not so sure about the textures..

goodluck :)

Banshee(Posted 2008) [#7]
Well this is my brothers modelling and he cant post here and isnt about to ask so i'll do my best to answer, the models are indeed low polygon, I think most are around 2500 or so, so you really can cram lots of these into a game without fear of slowdown. The textures as supplied are 2048^2.

puki(Posted 2008) [#8]
I think the bottom one is the most ferocious and scary-looking Dalek I have ever seen.

Banshee(Posted 2008) [#9]
The Germans soon began to think that too, it's the Russian T34 which - more than any other individual weapon - was responsible for Russia's change of fortune on the Eastern Front (that and the Wehrmacht's lack of winter coats).