Shooting Star

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Shooting Star

Ked(Posted 2007) [#1]
Just thought that since I really like this I'd put it on here. Its just a simple shooting star. I was justing adding and adding onto this working on my B3D skills and this is how it turned out.

SCREENSHOT

Images are my own.
GfK for slow mo code
jfk EO-11110 for 2D in 3D code

SPACE - Slow Motion on and off.
F12 - FPS Display

DOWNLOAD

puki(Posted 2007) [#2]
I found it most exciting.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks! (if you're not being sarcastic)

I was going to make it into a screensaver but I didn't want to get in trouble about using code from the archives. I still don't know how to make something commercial without using someone's code... everything is in the archives!

xlsior(Posted 2007) [#4]
I was going to make it into a screensaver but I didn't want to get in trouble about using code from the archives

Take a look at the code archives: "This code has been declared by its author to be Public Domain code", which are the terms of posting there.

Public domain code can be used by anyone, for any reason, even commercial use. By releasing something as public domain, the author gives up any copyright claim to the work.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#5]
Take a look at the code archives: "This code has been declared by its author to be Public Domain code", which are the terms of posting there.

Public domain code can be used by anyone, for any reason, even commercial use. By releasing something as public domain, the author gives up any copyright claim to the work.

THEN WHAT THE HECK WAS I GETTING YELLED AT FOR HERE?!

WedgeBob(Posted 2007) [#6]
Hmm, is there, per chance, a way that you could even design this as an interactive bit with moving the shooting star with the mouse around the screen? Love to see a game where you can use a shooting star to crash through fast moving alien craft, or asteroids or something. Good work on that graphic alone, tho. Even as a screen saver, that would be extra great...

Ked(Posted 2007) [#7]
RAM Digital Media,

Yeah, of course. Download below to move the star with the mouse.

DOWNLOAD

WedgeBob(Posted 2007) [#8]
Wow, thanks... Colorful, bright, and dazzling... Congrats. Hope that you can make the shooting star do something down the road, like use it to knock down asteroids or alien spacecraft, that would probably make that even more exciting to use.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#9]
Oooh - I have a competitor - not meaning to hijack your thread but you might like to check out my "Star" themed screen saver... www.boiledsweets.com/Starburst

Looks good so far keep up the good work...

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#10]
dead link...

Yo! Wazzup?(Posted 2007) [#11]
that starburst screensaver got my laptop's fan spinning faster than an avacado when I'm spinning it on my finger...

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#12]
If your fan doesn't spin faster than an avacado on your finger at all time's i'd be amazed.

Ice9(Posted 2007) [#13]
Looks like the Phoenix Astroids. They circle the universe
every 12.3 trillion years. Just image the sites they've seen.

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#14]
the link wont let me download it...how do I download it?? use filefront! it=better!

Ked(Posted 2007) [#15]
Here is the new link. ( I used Filefront =] )

[a http://files.filefront.com/SHOOTING+STARzip/;8432998;/fileinfo.html]DOWNLOAD[/a]