Voidrpg landscaoe Engine test

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Voidrpg landscaoe Engine test

Wings(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi

Here is a picture of New Voidrpg landscape test engine.
Its a Huge world 1024x1024 aka 1x1 kilometers or 10x10 soccer fields. takes 10 min to run from one side to the other. the draw distans is set to 100.

Multi textures. Alpha vertex world. with my own written tree engine. with animatet leafs

_33(Posted 2007) [#2]
Where is the test?

Chad(Posted 2007) [#3]
Glad to see more work on this, thought your project was dead.. (Oops)

Fuller(Posted 2007) [#4]
I was looking at this game a long time ago. I thought it was dead too.

The tree branches are a little strange. They go through the other branches.

Wings(Posted 2007) [#5]
oh that tree engine neds much tweaking. also the leafs kills the fps i notice, i think its cause its sprites. i ned to make em single surface.

bytecode77(Posted 2007) [#6]
i think you better add the leaves to the tree chunk model like so:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=62745

Jasu(Posted 2007) [#7]
I would do something about the grass texture. The repeating pattern is so clearly visible. It gives a bit of a cheap look.

I've read about creating seamless textures and created a few of my own. When using textures that repeat over a large surface, it's important that the texture average brightness is flat all over it. You see what I mean if you open it with Photoshop/PSP or whatever is your thing, 'pixelate' it to, say 8x8. For example you could see that area around left corner is a bit darker than the others and so on (this is not the case with your texture, but I bet there are some things like that). How to get a rid of the problem requires some graphics skills, but nothing overwhelming. Duplicate layer, strong blur, invert, blend with original layer. This operation takes down contrast, but that's the hard part to fix it back to normal. Experiment.

Wings(Posted 2007) [#8]
Yes i notice the grass texture is baad.
But i wanted it to be that way so i cold walk to the end of the map.. took me 10 min.. a looong walk.

i will change texture..

now i know how to make the Leaf single texture. i just have to add em to the tree. after i am done i post code in forum :)

Loktar(Posted 2007) [#9]
Nice job I also thought the project was dead.