Guitar Solo IV

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Guitar Solo IV

Karja(Posted 2007) [#1]
Nah, I'm just kidding - this isn't another guitar solo. But when I saw all these solo threads I thought I'd show what we less flamboyant guitar players produce:

Karja - My Girlfriend.mp3

It's from my old wannabe solo project Vulgar Commander. I'm skipping the technical guitar masturbation and going for plain humorous punk rock. Hope it brings a smile to your face. :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#2]
("Masturbation" sounds jalous) Nice punk. The toms ruin the drums tho. Drumcomputer? Other than that: solid punk. Reminds me of Sex Pistols.

Karja(Posted 2007) [#3]
Haha.. Indeed - I wish I had had more disciplin to learn how to play the guitar properly. Too bad that you didn't like the toms! I felt that they gave the tune a more juicy mix, but apparently not. (Your musical background is much more solid (as is apparent from your recording), so I can't very well argue the point.)

And yep, drums-by-comp; it's the only way I'd manage to get together a solo project. One tries at least; thanks for listening!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#4]
The drums sound pretty good, but the toms have that syntho sounds. Try the Hydrogen Drum Sequencer Tool (opensource), it has some excellent toms built in.