This little piggy...

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/This little piggy...

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2007) [#1]
Heres a vid of a pig I made today. 470 Polys with a biped bone system

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z47/Xyled777/?action=view&current=PigWalkForward.flv

Fuller(Posted 2007) [#2]
Better than I could do, but aren't the legs a little small?

Robert Cummings(Posted 2007) [#3]
the legs are a bit giraff like. also the body does not move

puki(Posted 2007) [#4]
Here is some guidance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsRRP-ZYvB0

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2007) [#5]
Puki, if you made that pig, good job, if not, Im really missing your point, but thanks for the attempt.

After looking over the replies, I have to agree, the legs look a bit too long, even though I used a pig photo for reference, theres still some tweaking I'd need to do there. Thanks for the advice and heres the photo of the pig reference...

Nathaniel(Posted 2007) [#6]
Body needs to move. I also noticed that the tail rotates away from the camera at the end :)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#7]
I would not change your model m8, it looks fine in terms of scale, and I often find when dealing with 3d art that reality is often a hell of a lot more weired looking than people seem to think.

only thing I would add, would be to move the shoulders a little as it walks. just to add a little upper body movement.

bytecode77(Posted 2007) [#8]
i suggest, you take that picture xyle posted above as a texture to the pig. textured it will look better. the legs need to be wider and the body need to move a lil bit, too.

Koriolis(Posted 2007) [#9]
Xyle is also the original poster ... :)

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2007) [#10]
Thanks for the suggestion DC, We didnt want to use any textures in the game at this time anyways. Were just using standard materials. Thanks though.

bytecode77(Posted 2007) [#11]
ah xyle is the original poster?
i should open my eyes more often...

Chad(Posted 2007) [#12]
Hey, that's cool, can't believe I missed this topic for so long lol.. Keep up the good work, also ranked your screenshot in the gallery.

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2007) [#13]
Right on! Thanks Chad, appreciate that.