Medieval Prop Pack 1

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Medieval Prop Pack 1

Tyler(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hello everyone,

This is Pack 1 of a series (hopefully) of common-place props for people's games. This pack includes everything in the picture below in B3D, MS3D, and OBJ format with a 256x256 JPG texture image for each.

Order from here: http://www.togamario.com/props.html

Contents:
Bottle
Bowl
Bread
Cheese
Knife
Mug
Plate

You will receive the link within 12-24 hours of your order, however I usually check my mail every 4-8 hours. Links will be sent only to the address you sent payment from. The link will be valid for 5 days, but if you need it again, let me know and I'll be happy to resend it. As always, resale, reproduction and redistribution are prohibited, but feel free to use these in your commercial or non-commercial projects.

P.S. Please give suggestions for the next packs!

Svenart(Posted 2007) [#2]
You should use much more polygons and more realistic textures with medium or high resolution. Bevel edges, add dirt and try to make sets people find useful... The price is very cheap, but I think if people really need models, they want good quality and then they are ready to pay at least a little bit more. just my opinion.

Tyler(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hello, Svenart! As an admirer of your work, I'll take this into consideration. I just figured that these smaller items, that might be numerous in a particular area, should stay as low poly as possible. The textures are mostly due to the fact that I'm new to completely hand-drawn texturing and it's amazingly difficult, lol. Thanks for the advice

puki(Posted 2007) [#4]
The thing is, some people will want stuff as low-poly as poss - depends on the game really. For a top-down RPG, this stuff is fine.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#5]
It's pretty good. The bread needs better textures. As a suggestion: make a list of things you really find on the tables of the enemies castle: zigs, books, newspapers, beercans - just look around IRL. Of course you may sort things by era, so the medieval set may look diffrent from the present set etc.

Paul Murray(Posted 2007) [#6]
Have variations of the objects too, such as;

Cheese that's been cut
Different types of cheese (colour variations etc)
Plates/Bowls with food on/in them
Larger/smaller plates/bowls
Crumbs (plane with alpha-masked texture)
Uncorked bottle

You could simply alter the colour of some of the skins slightly to add variation (such as with the bottles)

I like the cheese skin by the way

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#7]
seem to be original "emmentaler" (r) cheese

*(Posted 2007) [#8]
looks good, certainly worth $5