Buildings in progress.

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Buildings in progress.

OverDozing(Posted 2007) [#1]
Here some buidlings for our shoot'em up project. please let us know what do you think :) thanks.

ChaosCoder(Posted 2007) [#2]
Great.

I like the first one :)

bytecode77(Posted 2007) [#3]
i like this one most:

Madcap13(Posted 2007) [#4]
They're pretty decent.

Much better than my buildings at any rate. :)

Grisu(Posted 2007) [#5]
You could do a fine Rampage remake with these too... :)

Paul Murray(Posted 2007) [#6]
On the second mesh, the texture at the bottom is the same on both extruded parts of the building. The purple gives it away.

I like them though. What type of shoot em up will they be used in? They look very low poly so I'd hazard a guess at a flight one

puki(Posted 2007) [#7]
Look pretty good to me.

Rob Farley(Posted 2007) [#8]
I don't mean to bring the mood down here...

None of the buildings appear to have an entrance
The scales of the textures don't match the scales of the buildings, for example the red brick building, each brick is the size of a window. The corrigated roof must have massive corrigations if each window is about 1 metre across then the corrigations are going to be a good 75cm long as oppsed to around 5 cm.
Likewise the 3rd from last with the broken wall bit exposing massive bricks.
And looking at the grids on the ground it looks like all the buildings are different scales, but this might just be your grid sizing.

All that said though, at a glance they look good and would work well in a lot of games if you're not going to be getting too close and looking at the detail of them.

ingenium(Posted 2007) [#9]
What modeller are you using?

ChaosCoder(Posted 2007) [#10]
looks like 3ds max

OverDozing(Posted 2007) [#11]
Thank you for the comments.
I agree with you about the windows size on certain buildings, but it doesn¡¦t matter much, we shouldn¡¦t have time to see that ingame ƒº
The buildings are simple pieces, it was created with silo.
The ships are created on XSI.
Here more screens ^^

zyd(Posted 2007) [#12]
I think all your stuff looks pretty good.

but it is worth trying to texture to scale if at all possible...Large bricks can really spoil the realism of the scene... I've seen huge bricks in duke nukem manhatten project when duke entered one of the rooms he suddely became a midget...about 4 bricks high!..the mortar between bricks is usually about 1 cm ..so you can judge the actual area of the texture using this method...oh and door handles...about 1 meter off of the floor...nice space ships too BTW.

ChaosCoder(Posted 2007) [#13]
What programs are you use for the textures? Photoshop?

I like your style. It looks good, very good.

OverDozing(Posted 2007) [#14]
Thanks, yes the textures are created with photoshop.
But I am not the creator. ^^

puki(Posted 2007) [#15]
Some interesting stuff there.

_33(Posted 2007) [#16]
This man's on to something! Good work so far. I've seen your various snapshots OverDozing, and it all seem spretty promising. If you ever need a console for your game, e-mail me and we'll do arrangements.

Cheers.