Anime experts: opinion wanted

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Anime experts: opinion wanted

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#1]
I'm designing a booklet for the major Dutch Accordion/Harmonica organisation, and as they wish to aim for a somewhat younger audience, I thought about doing something more cartoony.

Here's some pose I spotted on the net:

And here's what I've been cooking sofar. Note that I'm not a cartoonist at all, the result is due some toolie I made in which one can draw beziers over an image. These are 196 beziers!

Things todo:

* improve hand (need to add a zoom function in my tool, as placing bezier points in a 4x4 pixel area obviously sucks!)

* add sack-details/dents at the bottom of the accordeon

* paint

But apart from that, any comments from real cartoonists? Is the hair ok (hair sucks to draw!)? Are body parts ok and with the right proportions?

JustLuke(Posted 2007) [#2]
Your proportions seem ok (but they don't need to be because you're drawing a stylised cartoon). However, you mentioned anime in the topic title - I guess you meant manga, but either way, if this is what you are aiming to reproduce then I suggest you study some manga reference pictures (you'll find plenty on the net) because your style doesn't resemble manga/anime at all.