Low Poly male base

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Low Poly male base

Amon(Posted 2007) [#1]
Here is a low poly non edge looped male body. No head.

Click here To Download!

You can use it as a base to start of other characters.

Forgive me for not using proper edge looping but Truespace's tools for such things are limited.

When I used the demo of 3DSMax it had tools like ring, connect ect which made edge loop modelling a breeze. I will be speaking to caligari about adding features like this in Truespace.

Nathaniel(Posted 2007) [#2]
Nice. Thanks Amon!

N(Posted 2007) [#3]
Actually, if I recall correctly, you have Silo, right? Even if you don't, both Silo and Wings 3D (free modeling application similar to Silo) have connect, select ring/loop, cut, etc. and function pretty much the same universally.

In any case, it's not that bad considering, last I knew, you weren't too experienced doing this. Generally speaking, the proportions are decent (hands are too small for fists and the hips seem too wide from the middle picture though), but the head is way too small. Seriously, I can't even see the thing.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#4]
Hey, Thanks Noel.

I do have Silo but have not used it much due to Truespace. I will be going back to it though.

I didn't know it had those tools in it so will check it out later on.

Thanks for the critique of the model. :) As long as I somewhat get the proportions right I can then work on other aspects of it.

Matty(Posted 2007) [#5]
Pretty good, I don't want to sound rude but it is better than I expected when I saw the thread title. Certainly much better than anything I could do.

What did you use as a reference?

Amon(Posted 2007) [#6]

I get most of my reference images from here: http://www.the-blueprints.com/

There's also fineart.sk and 3d.sk.

Matty(Posted 2007) [#7]
Thanks for the link - looks like a very useful site.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#8]
Pretty good. You're getting better quickly.

caff_(Posted 2007) [#9]
Yeah that's a pretty good start.

bytecode77(Posted 2007) [#10]
pretty neat. but at these days, you dont have to care about polys so much. it could be 1000 polys for a male model are good.

puki(Posted 2007) [#11]
I didn't spot this before.

"Amon" must be making me a load of animated characters. Nice one "Amon"

I need a fat barman first, then a farmer.

We'll discuss more as you complete them.