First Alien for Trux is done.

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/First Alien for Trux is done.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#1]
Here is the first alien ship now done and textured for my up coming shooter.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#2]
I added one of the player ships, and set the scale so you can get a feel for how it will look in game.

MikeT(Posted 2007) [#3]
Like it, looks good

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#4]
Very nice. Please tell me the brains 'pulse' even if it's only when the ship fires.

Matty(Posted 2007) [#5]
Looks very good.

JustLuke(Posted 2007) [#6]
Very nice, but I can't help feeling that it's missing something. It looks better angled than it does top down to me. Perhaps some waving tentacles might be in order?

big10p(Posted 2007) [#7]
Yes, nice but still needs a bit of work, I think. Adding to other suggestions, maybe the brain needs to look more brain-like - try adding some more ridges to the detail?

stayne(Posted 2007) [#8]
Is that an alien brain?! :)

big10p(Posted 2007) [#9]
Is that an alien brain?! :)
Depends on your perspective. ;)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#10]
Its an alien brain, a race that's plugged themselves into hardware and disposed of the need for a body.

This is the first ship you will encounter, its only a little tab of an alien that your going to lay waste to in a matter of milliseconds as you blast your way to the bigger enemies.

I plan that for each model/sprite design, I will create 4 variations of it, change colour a little, scale up a little and add a little extra bit or cable or tentacle here or there.

Iv done the second one now simply added two extra guns at the bottom and changed the pipes at the back a little, in game it will be a little larger than the first one you see above and probably different colour.

Rob Farley(Posted 2007) [#11]
I think big10p and Yavin are right. It needs a little more detail and the texture certainly needs more brainy bits! Good so far though.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#12]
I't looking good so far.

Maybe it's the proportion of the brain that looks kind of uncommon. Probably it should be bigger. And the cyber modules probably should look more tech-stylish. Kind of Borg like. More fine details that give the impression of a huge size.

The "eyes" should look more evil IMHO. Right now they look neutral. When you watch the lights of a mercedes and compare them to the lights of a volkswagen Beetle: the Mercedes has evil lights, where the beetle has no explicit expression (due to round lights)

evil eyes: 
\ /
O O

netral eyes:
_ _
O O

Sad eyes:

/ \
O O

I also vote for "pulsing" brains, as seen in itchy and scratchy, the one with telekinetic mice from outter space :)

Algo(Posted 2007) [#13]
One more vote for brain pulsing, and brain chunks when it explodes.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#14]
@JFK I see where your coming from, but they are not organic eyes, they are camera lenses. like HAL in 2001.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#15]
Yavin, repeating the 'pulse' suggestion but also to agree with JFK. Doesn't matter if something is organic or mechanical (or a hybrid of both) we still perceive them as evil if they reflect certain traits.

BasicMonkey(Posted 2007) [#16]
The eyes look good on the large model, but scaled down they're really not as defined. I think they're too close in color to the brain, and the fighters bullets. I'd probably go a few shades brighter to really get the contrast between the pupil and the black ring and increase the width of the metal eye sockets so that the eyes can be a bit bigger. Pulsing is a definite must. Fighter ship looks really neat.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#17]
Iv changed the eyes to make them more evil see the other thread.

Ignore those bullets, that's just some editing work to show an example of scale that's not actually bullets.