Ship concept.

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Ship concept.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#1]
This is for a project that I have just started, I plan to have all the artwork done before I ever write a line of code.

Here is one of the player ships.

And Revision 2

GfK(Posted 2007) [#2]
Broken link.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#3]
I was linking to another fourm so guess that only worked for me.

Anyway upped them in JPG form to ma crappy webhost. hope these work.

Matty(Posted 2007) [#4]
Looks very good, colorful too - which I like compared to the old 'grey metallic spaceships'. What's the reasoning behind the central section not joined to the wings?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#5]
That's the pilots pod. think of that as the actual player space ship, there are going to be inter changeable wings. kinda like upgrades.

In game you may see one of your wings get blown to crap leaving you with less gun power, until you can gain a wing upgrade, or new wings.

Planning to start off with 3 Wings, then plan to expand these for each weapon upgrade that they can accept.

3 Wings , each with 4 upgrades means more modleing for me to do lol.

degac(Posted 2007) [#6]
very good! I like it

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#7]

This is the Vulcan Ship, With and without a set of A-Gear wings.

This model of ship will come with 3 or more Wing Upgrades that will attach to those wing mounting points.

ingenium(Posted 2007) [#8]
nice.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#9]
Nice designs. This one is looking almost cellshaded and very colorful. Personally I'd prefere something with a low saturation, with photorealism in mind, but noless they are good.

big10p(Posted 2007) [#10]
Very nice.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#11]
@JFK - Yeah I am going for that Manga Mech style with my own twists.

The hard thing is that once the three player ships and their 4 each wing upgrades are done I then have to model 50+ enemy ships and tanks. the thing is I want the aliens and their theme and design to be erm... alien from the player stuff. that may sound easy but its not. trying to make something look like it was designed by some one else is'nt easy lol.

I think this is going to be the first project that I am working on where I will have all of the game artwork complete before I even touch a line of code.

JA2(Posted 2007) [#12]
I made a space shooter before with loads of alien ships. I made some of them look like cubes and pyramid shapes. Some with just a wireframe only. Also, I made the bigger 'boss' ships look kinda organic, with moving tentacles and pulsing eyes etc...

scribbla(Posted 2007) [#13]
great stuff, very nice design

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#14]

This is Ship number 2 of 3 playable craft. This is the fighter or interceptor style ship so its a lot more sleek and slimline for a lot more speed, in game it will have less armour and more move speed, with nice gun damage.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#15]
Oh the pod looks duff now I know, so its being redesigned.

Nathaniel(Posted 2007) [#16]
Very nice models. Can't wait to see them in action.