First Released Video

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/First Released Video

Chad(Posted 2007) [#1]
This is a short video (or should I say trailer). Please don't judge it as a trailer or the vid, but on the graphics, and how it looks. Thus it's in the Graphics Showcase.

http://www.chadmcrae.com/IronCoffins31407.wmv

I was pursuaded to make it more of a trailer in IRC than a technical video showing what all I have done in order to get more interest, so hopefully it worked!

"Brace for comments herr commadore!"

Amon(Posted 2007) [#2]
Looks good. Reminds me of Reds (Mike Hense) sub sims.

Graphics are better than I could do and it seems well put together.

:)

caff_(Posted 2007) [#3]
Iron Coffins? To me this name implies you're going to die in your submarine... Anyway besides that... :)

You said to judge your game on the graphics.

They're ok, outside shots - sky is quite nice but the water needs a bit of work. It just looks a bit grey. Give the sea some colour. and perhaps more detail (white water ripples) - it just seems a bit flat.

Inside shots - you could really benefit from some proper lighting, i.e. using lightmaps. I highly recommend buying Gile[s] for this, it's a really good tool (not just for lighting, but also for bringing together all your models into one scene).

Chad(Posted 2007) [#4]
Thanks for the comments..

I got Gile[s] and your right Caffy. I haven't finished the whole interior of the U-boat, but as soon as I will then I will lightmap it.

I do have a new screenshot. On a different forum they were asking for some different shots that I didn't include in the movie, so here's something.

Thanks,
Chad