Could be opening a can of worms but...

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Could be opening a can of worms but...

Matty(Posted 2007) [#1]
..would anyone be interested in some free basic 'modular' corridor sections for either traditional sci fi shooters/dungeon hacks. I feel like improving my 3d skills (I'm a bit of a beginner really so don't expect the world) and thought that I could practice making some things like this :

for people if they were interested. Here is a blitz3d example of the above screenshot: (145kb)

http://home.people.net.au/~Matthew.Lloyd/lloyd/ShortCorridorLit.zip

And puki - I'm not making characters (far too hard at this stage)

Please excuse any non-replies in the next 8 hours as I must sleep which will then be followed by a further 8 hours of unlikely replies at my regular workplace, after which I should be able to respond.

puki(Posted 2007) [#2]
http://www.arteria-gaming.com/scifi2_themepack.html

EDIT:
Oh, I assume you wanted some stuff like you posted.

puki(Posted 2007) [#3]
Well, seeing as nobody has replied to you.

You can work for me - I'll take everything you currently have and anything you are making.

First come - first served.

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#4]
Are they modelled to a grid?

Reason i ask is i am working on a prefab project at the moment that uses grids.

Matty(Posted 2007) [#5]
Not yet, but I could do that if desired. I'm really just using these as practice to learn how to use XSI better so thought I may make some stuff people may want. Maybe you could post some diagrams/references for what you want and I'll see if I can put something together after work.

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#6]
Matty are you using gile[s]?

Matty(Posted 2007) [#7]
Hi Chroma - I used gile[s] after creating & texturing the mesh in XSI. Although will probably stick with using just XSI eventually and bake all lighting in that.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2007) [#8]
The thing is, if it were truely sci fi, then the corridors would be immaculately and evenly-lit. I think if its a run down base on mars you can get away with dodgy lighting ;)