Request for 5 32*32 textures for bullets

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Request for 5 32*32 textures for bullets

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#1]
I have been trying to use these but the masking is screwy...

No matter what I do the masking looks terrible, i.e. I have nasty black bits round the edge. Arrghh!

Look at them (in the red cicled bit)

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#2]
They've been antialiased on a black background by the looks of it. You should either not have anti-alias on or use a transparent background.

Andy_A(Posted 2007) [#3]
Just took a look at one of the bullets, the black background is a gradient (many shades of color that look like one shade of black). Change those pixels to Color 0,0,0 and save as a .png so you don't end up with the same thing re-occurring because it's in .jpg format. JPG's aren't well suited to use as sprites.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#4]
Yeah it looks like you are trying to achieve something which only alhpablending will do.

Put the gfx onto a transparent bgd and save them as .png/tga with alphas.

IPete2.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#5]
The trouble is I only have those ones with black backgrounds.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#6]
Get yourself The Gimp and make some more. Set the background to transparent and use the supernova filter. If you're using Bmax you can do them greyscale and then use setcolor to make the difference.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#7]
Boiled,

Ok well here is my little offering - try this - if it works then let me know and I shall create more for you.

www.smartscreenuk.com/star.png

IPete2.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#8]
Trust me... use The Gimp either Flare, GLare or Supernova. The results will be better than you already have Boiled.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#9]
Tried the gimp and the gflare, look good in the gimp using a transparent back ground but when I save as png the background becomes blue!

ARGH - why is this?

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#10]
Do you have 'save background colour' selected?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#11]
Tried with and without :-(

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#12]
Boiled,

BMax or B3D?

Post some code

Did you try my star.png? show the code cause you are doing something wrong dude.

IPete2.

Matty(Posted 2007) [#13]
Does it look any better if you use an additive blend mode? Unless of course you don't want that effect.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#14]
Tried with and without :-(

Hmmm, I'm using Gimp 2.2, with 'save background' is OK but without shows the blue background you mention. Strange.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#15]
A little better, the masking is working but they look crap

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#16]
Are you drawing them with alphablend?

Ross C(Posted 2007) [#17]
All i do, is give the sprite a black backround in any image app. Load the texture with the mask flag and it appears transparent. Odd how it's not working for you...

Rimmsy(Posted 2007) [#18]
Set your blend to lightblend