Weird worm-ish monster

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Weird worm-ish monster

Bouncer(Posted 2007) [#1]
I'm trying now to model somethig almost every evening to get some practice... this is a monster I made tonight:

360 tris...

Came out pretty strange, but I'm pretty happy with the texturing. I'm slowly getting a grip on this low-poly modelling thing... :)

Fuller(Posted 2007) [#2]
whoa! geez, thats creepy, looks like its skin been ripped of. Hey, added flaps of skin here and there to make it really gory.

bradford6(Posted 2007) [#3]
That is excellent. nice job

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#4]
Looks very nice. I mean, well done, not "nice". Tho the eyes are still too "nice" IMHO. They probaby need to look more angry, blood thirsty or something.

You could make use of some mimics formulas:

sad, surprised:

/ \
o o
 -
 o

angry, aggressive:

\ /
o o
 -
 o

although, with 3 eyes it sin't that simple, maybe something like this:

\   /
o o o
  -
  o

(BTW this does look ok only if your forum skin is using a non-true-type font, with a fixed character width, like eg. system.ttf)

Of course, you ain't got no eye brows here, but you could have the same effect using some kind of head bone.

Oh yeah, and more teeth. Shark like.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#5]
yiikk..I cant see image...is it still there??

puki(Posted 2007) [#6]
I think it is very intersting. It's certainly not an obvious copy of anything.

I award you a "puki" star of achivement.

Now, go make some animated people that would fit into a medieval/RPG type of game (Dungeons and Dragons type of game) - feel free to make more monsters though.

Stevie G(Posted 2007) [#7]
Nice - something for Nano I'm guessing?

p.s. I have a question for you I'd like to take offline - do you have an e-mail address? The bonebroke one gets returned.

Bouncer(Posted 2007) [#8]
Sorry... I had an old e-mail addy in the profile... sent you a mail...

And thanks for the comments guys.

mrtricks(Posted 2007) [#9]
Yuck! Great modelling - although what would any being need with a third eye? :)

Bouncer(Posted 2007) [#10]
Yeah, good point. Changed the eyes a bit... I think they look a bit scarier now.

Matty(Posted 2007) [#11]
They do look scarier, but there is also an element of a look of 'surprise' on its face.

xlsior(Posted 2007) [#12]
Yuck! Great modelling - although what would any being need with a third eye? :)

Why do spiders 'need' 8?
Who knows, but they still have 'em. :-?

-

bouncer: the new eyes do look better than the original ones. Now it looks a bit menacing, previously it was more... surprised. :-)