Mattizzle(Posted 2007) [#1]
www.thewyldturkees.com/game/StickHouse.bmp

Not bad for a programmer, ay?

Mustang(Posted 2007) [#2]
Yes, it's just as good as my code :)

Mattizzle(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hehehe.

puki(Posted 2007) [#4]
It is a fair attempt - sort of like a brick owl, but not bad.

Mattizzle(Posted 2007) [#5]
lol a brick owl?

clownhunter(Posted 2007) [#6]
He says that houses look like owls a lot. Just ignore "puki". :P

GfK(Posted 2007) [#7]
Puki has a point, for once.

You should use JPG format, also.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#8]
Part of the reason it looks a little odd is your window placement. Those windows are too high to be downstairs windows ( they don't start until well above the level of the top of the door, so unless people are bending in half to get through the door, they wouldn't be tall enough to see out of the windows. )

If, on the other hand, they're upstairs windows, what kind of house has windows upstairs and none downstairs?

The windows are also a little too small.

Bevel and extrude the roof a little so that it oversteps the walls at the front and on the sides.

Those few little touches and it would look pretty decent, I think.

Mattizzle(Posted 2007) [#9]
this was done in 3dws so CSP only although I will extrude the roof outwards like your suggestion. thanks!

But besides the modeling, how's the texturing? they're all mine : )

Mustang(Posted 2007) [#10]

how's the texturing?

it's just as good as my code :)

Seriously, texturing is REALLY simple and drawn like looking... if you're aiming for "The Simpson's" look it might be OK, but for even half-fotorealism it isn't. It tiles perfectly at least, but more uneven seams and some color variations between the bricks would be good IMO.

And blue color for windows is bit odd, black-ish would be better if you need to pick just one color. Oh, and your house is missing a roof...

Mattizzle(Posted 2007) [#11]
hehe okie doke thanks. I'm actually going for less than simpsons lol. The world consistis of 3d stick figures. : )

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#12]
... this was done in 3dws so CSP only ...

huh! guess you're mixing apples with potatoes here, where CSP are the fruits :o)

Mattizzle(Posted 2007) [#13]
i dun get it. : )

wut r potatoes?

Just kidding! :-P

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#14]
Very nice lamp post. :)