Don't Look! Im changing clothes...

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Don't Look! Im changing clothes...

Merrie(Posted 2007) [#1]
This is something I will need to address soon as its a major focus of my dream application.

You have your basic female model, you have your uv map with texture and clothes.

My question is, if you wanted to offer a variety of clothes, hair, skin color. What would the steps be to do this?

You would need one uv for each 'style' and apply them to the model using a menu based code? For example:

Catalog Model 1 - Red evening dress (Click here) etc.

Thanks for the help on all my questions!

Mustang(Posted 2007) [#2]
Ummm... you just one UV but many additional meshes for clothes because you can't really paint them on base bodymesh. Just look at the Poser or DazStudio because they do exactly what you are thinking of if I got it right. Changing color (of the skin/clothes) requires texturemap change, you don't need to have additional UV's.

Merrie(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks for the info, Im familiar with Poser and Daz but you can't use them commercially. So what would the steps be in designing additional texturemaps and changing them out?

Thanks!

Mustang(Posted 2007) [#4]
When you have your base model done & uv-mapped you draw/paint a texture like skin or cloth texture. Then you make variations of that texture, like darker skinned version and use Blitz texture commands to change the texture "on the fly":

http://www.blitzbasic.com/b3ddocs/command.php?name=EntityTexture&ref=3d_cat

Merrie(Posted 2007) [#5]
Ah thank you very much Mustang, that is what I needed to know. Very new in the advanced part of setting up characters.

Wings(Posted 2007) [#6]
I have a cloth demo avaiable some where

It works simply by animating Head,Legs,Feets,Chest with it s onw animaton. that way one may accaly change every thing like oblivion charters. Thoe i dint say its the only way.

Drawback with an entity for all bodyparts is that it will drain you GPU.