Nirvana Studios Logo

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Nirvana Studios Logo

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#1]
Well I changed my game studio name from Zama Games to Nirvana Studios. And here's my logo/splash graphic. I wanted it to be simple, elegant, and pretty. Lemme know if I got close.

or

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#2]
OK... fonts look odd, like too handmade and the kerning is way off - NIR is very closely packed but RVA has bigger gaps. And I'm not sure about the REALLY big first S in Studios... Chrome (no pun intended) effect also look tad Amiga-ish / 80's.

Above as a constructive criticism... logo is OK with a little bit of more work!

Jimbob(Posted 2006) [#3]
Yeah it seems like some letters are way thinner (the small 'i's, 'n's and 'u's) whereas the others are much thicker. And yeh, the big S would probably work if the first N was really big as well. The blue glow is nicer than just grey though.

I wouldn't say it's simple, but it's almost elegant and pretty.

degac(Posted 2006) [#4]
if there is a symbol to represent the 'nirvana concept' (I don't know, just thinking) you should include it in your logo.
I like the blue-glow too, not very much the silver-fade of the text.

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#5]
Thx for the feedback guys. I'll give it another go this afternoon.

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#6]
Ok here's the new version. I changed the name back to Zama Games. Got rid of the shiny metal crap and just went with a something a bit more colorful.

D4NM4N(Posted 2006) [#7]
I Like it,

It reminds me of those really cool software houses on the amiga like "reflections, Psygnosis" etc.

Dont know why :)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#8]
I like it, colourful and snappier than Nirvana Games.

Buggy(Posted 2006) [#9]
Didn't want to say anything before, but much better.