Orbicus screenshot

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Orbicus screenshot

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#1]
Here's my first offering of Orbicus graphics. This is just a prototype "How To Play" screen. I know it doesn't show the actual game but I'm hard at work on the graphics for that part.

Everything in this screenshot was created by me using paint shop pro 9 btw. :)

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#2]
love it, just darken the gaps in the wooden background and its spot on. maybe if you made it a table top and put a small drop shadow on the paper it would look a bit more natural.

Pete

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#3]
Ok...I updated it with your suggestions and added some tile shadows too. I also lightened the wood slightly so the black spaces in between the wood planks would be more defined.

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#4]
Heh, I just realized I said that "your every move is watched by the dragon" and then in the next sentence said he was asleep lol.

Basically he's asleep and if you make too many careless moves in a row, he'll awaken and blow more tiles onto the screen.

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#5]
Well I really had a major screw up. I resized the 800 size pic to 500 to post here...then accidentally saved it and quit psp. I've been trying for a couple hours to recreate the wood but I can't get the formula right. =(

I think the wood was a bit too realistic anyhow. And the whole thing a bit too darkish. I try to add vibrant color but my creative side loves to keep it dark. So now I'm off to create some cartoony wooden planks.