Movie of 'Blood & Plunder'

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Movie of 'Blood & Plunder'

Matty(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hello all,

I thought I'd put together a small video of the game if anyone wanted to see it. The download is 5MB and can be found here:

http://home.people.net.au/~Matthew.Lloyd/lloyd/BNP2/Movie.wmv

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#2]
Nice. Is it 3D? Can you make it a little more bright?

puki(Posted 2006) [#3]
Email me the source (and all media) and I'll do a few more movies for you.

Matty(Posted 2006) [#4]
Hi Bubble Boy - the game is 2d. Regarding the brightness though - I've found that screenshots I've taken don't look the same on all machines - what graphics card does your machine have - so far I've found that onboard Intel Graphics the game looks to dark on?

Hi Puki - media is a bit too big for me to send in an email - maybe I'll send you some of it when it is finished. :)

Matty(Posted 2006) [#5]
Here is another movie, with a different character (same level) at a higher resolution:

http://home.people.net.au/~Matthew.Lloyd/lloyd/BNP2/MovieHiRes.wmv

(11 MB)

Ice9(Posted 2006) [#6]
Looks great but the movie is kind of dark on mine also
ati x700. Nice graphics. Maybe you could have the number of
points subtracted from the creature floating up and fading
out when you hit them. and some sort of small health bars
to show health left.

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#7]
Dell Extreme Graphics. (I know it's a piece of poop.)

Matty(Posted 2006) [#8]
Hi Ice9 - I do actually have health bars and points floating up but have not included them in the movie (laziness on my part now wanting to code it so that the hud elements are visible in the replay mode). You can see these in the other thread I posted a while ago which has a playable demo with half sized graphics.

I'm thinking there must be something strange with my monitor setup since I'm not having any problems with the color at my end but on a few other people's machines it is too dark. Strangely though the standard windows colors are the same..I have no idea why this would be the case.

zyd(Posted 2006) [#9]
I agree it's too dark..more light please.