new heads

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/new heads

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#1]

just been messing with rendering styles in max

puki(Posted 2006) [#2]
Well, I suggest you stop messing about then.

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#3]
puki young man, its way past your bed time

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#4]
Better than I could do:)

Looks nice.

stayne(Posted 2006) [#5]
looks really good bro. the eyeballs are a bit too small though. other than that... good stuff!

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#6]
I agree with MarkD on the eyeballs being too small.
The ears are a little funny too they extrude out wierd.

Sorry for being a critic, Looks much, much better than what I could do.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#7]
Looks great ( as always ) and I don't see anything wrong with the eyes or ears personally.

Come on, do tell who you based it on! ( I remember those cricket heads, you had a few sneaky ones in there! ) I'm thinking Paul Guilfoyle without hair?

Matty(Posted 2006) [#8]
Looks very good. Are the eyes separate meshes so that it is easy to rotate them?

Is that just a diffuse texture or are you using multiple textures for the head?

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#9]
perhaps the eyes are a little small, but not freakishy so.
(eyes are seperate BTW)

The reason the ears look kind of flat is that this a normal mapped head.
The base mesh actually fairly low poly(1600), but I bunged on a meshsmooth to make it look less boxy

Its good to make yourself a base head ,so you can make other heads from it. we did this on rugby and brian lara and saves a hell of a lot of time.

he is not based on anyone really, kind of made up

zyd(Posted 2006) [#10]
I think it looks great and it makes me envious of your talent.

how long have you been working on this model?

Some people have small eyes and big ears..to me the small eyes make him look a little drugged or sleepy...

who looks at ears anyway ;)

you'd probably get better critque here:

http://www.turbosquid.com/Forum/Index.cfm/stgAct/ThreadList/intForumID/1106

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#11]
Very nice work. If you're after a photorealistic render, this one is looking like powdered skin (actors etc.). You may use more shininess to get a natural shiny sweat skin look.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#12]
Pffft. Makes me laugh when someone posts a model as good as this - someone always says eyes/ears/something-else is out of proportion. Do you really think everyone on planet Earth has perfect proportions?! It's a realistic, fantastic model, Ruz - well done! Not sure what's going on in that render, on the top of his head on the side wiew - there's a gap, for some reason. :)

OK, that was my first post here in weeks. Bye - see you in month or two... maybe.

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#13]
Great loops! And nice head, no matter what some ppl say :) I don't remember seeing anything but rugby-lads from you, got any girlie heads to show?

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#14]
zyd - took me about 4 days in total

jfk - yeah i kind of like this look, wan't going for total realism really. trying to get a bit more illustrative feel in to my work

big10p yeah thats just the pshop comp, I chopped off a bit of his head by mistake

Mustang - Actually I think I am better at doing females, but the work I have is nearly all NDA.