Vehicle - Truck

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Vehicle - Truck

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#1]
Heres a truck I created in the last few days. I modeled and textured it from scratch.

Tell me what you think.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/41076412/

stayne(Posted 2006) [#2]
Looks good, very low poly. Is it for a game?

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#3]
Yup it is :) thanks

zyd(Posted 2006) [#4]
pretty neat, great texture mapping.
anychance of posting a wire frame of it and a poly count?

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#5]
Sure

-Done

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#6]
I don't know the original car model, so I have no idea if the shape is authentic or not, but it looks kind of squarish to me. You have added some details on places where it was not neccessary IMHO, eg. the rounded edges, ar the window borders.

The bottom part also wastes polies, but this way it is at least a properly closed mesh that would work well for shadow volumes / stencil shadows.

Texture UV's are good, textures maybe need more realism, maybe try to carefuly mix in photo material (plane etc.)

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#7]
Thanks for the suggestions Jfk. Few things though ;)
I didnt model the car off a specific model, I just started modeling. Also if you look at the wire frame the rear window is completely textured.

And I will try to use more photorealistic images next time, thanks :P

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#8]
Don't misunderstand me, it's pretty good. What modeler did you use? If it allows Vertex manipulation, then try to shrink the size of the cab roof part, so the upper part will look a little more aerodynamical / pyramidial (is that a word?).

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#9]
I didn't miss understand you don't worry ;) I modeled it in lightwave.

Anywho, Ill try that a bit later but I'm going for a ride, Im a bit annoyed because I just found out my iPod Nano broke >:(

Matty(Posted 2006) [#10]
There is something about it that makes me think it is made of card board (like those old Trabants). It could be because it is very 'squarish' - particularly the edges. Texturing is good, but the model needs to have more rounded edges, it is particularly noticeable around the front of the car (the bit with the grill in it).

Ruz(Posted 2006) [#11]
you could get rid of the edge loops down the middle for one thing and the extra horizontal lines are also not required. I reckon you could easily half that poly count and not lose much
What you have got to think of is why I am putting detail in , what is it actually describing? if its not describing form then its not really required