little something

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/little something

Leon Drake(Posted 2006) [#1]
I was making a small spongebob game for my son. i gave a whack at modelling and texturing him. and then tried a wanna be cartoony effect in the game.
[img ]

this one is out of the render

[img ]

Andres(Posted 2006) [#2]
Looks very nice, but the legs are too long or what?

It would be nice if you could provide it to others too :)

kfprimm(Posted 2006) [#3]
Awesome job. He looks cross-eyed. :)

I agree with Andres the legs are a bit too long. Here's a picture I found on the net.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#4]
very well done...

puki(Posted 2006) [#5]
Hand it over.

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#6]
I agree with Andres and Khomy Prime; the legs are too long. Besides that, I looks great! How many polys?

Moraldi(Posted 2006) [#7]
How did you achieved this cartoony effect?. I mean the black outline in the 3D character

deps(Posted 2006) [#8]
How to add a black outline:

Make a copy of the model and make it a bit bigger on all sides, then invert the faces and add a black texture.

And to get on topic again, Nice work!

Leon Drake(Posted 2006) [#9]
actually i think the legs are too short on that particuler picture, looks more like fan art than the actual pictures of him. 80% of the pics i looked at his legs were as long as i modeled them to be. besides when i animated him and put them in the game he doesnt look right with shorter legs.

Leon Drake(Posted 2006) [#10]
poly count was 1257. A little high i know. Any less than that its starts to look to blocky, and i was trying for a more smoother in game mesh.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#11]
Maybe it is his socks which are too short!

IPete2.

Doggie(Posted 2006) [#12]
Seems silly to worry about whether spongebob is anatomically correct if you ask me...;)

D4NM4N(Posted 2006) [#13]
"Any less than that its starts to look to blocky"

Lol i dunno, he's a pretty blocky guy :P

Nice one, legs look a bit longer than usual tho

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#14]
Nice model. thought polycount should be 12... :o)