Project Entropy: Medium Male Armor

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Project Entropy: Medium Male Armor

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#1]
My artist finished it today.

It has about 1k polygons and is seperated into 13 pieces that can be parented to an animated "skeleton."

SillyPutty(Posted 2006) [#2]
wow, that is amazing !

kfprimm(Posted 2006) [#3]
very nice....I'm gonna go play Halo ;-)

puki(Posted 2006) [#4]
Oooh.

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#5]
nice work

the rustic look

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#6]
Big difference between this and Halo: armor like this will be a dime a dozen (well, starting price will be more like half a million credits, but there's plenty to go around). Now the heavy armor, that will be the rough stuff.

We'll also have different color schemes for the different environments, plus faction logos.

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#7]
hmm... the textures are a bit blury
but nice modeling if you say its about 1k polys

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#8]
We were using 256x256 for the different body part textures, but it was just taking too long so I told my artist to go with 128x128. So, he's got 7 different 128x128 textures on 13 pieces.

JustLuke(Posted 2006) [#9]
Nice, but as Sancrus mentioned, the textures look blurry. Low resolution, in my opinion, to the point of significantly impacting on the visual quality of the model.

It might be a good idea to add some geometry to the hands though, unless the character will never need to unclench his fists. Other than that, and despite the fact that it seems a little too inspired by Halo, I'd say that it looks decent but generic.

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#10]
Cool - especially for 1K polys and that low texmaps!

Jon_E_5(Posted 2006) [#11]
Looks very nice, 1k poly's very good, nice and fast and efficient. As for the 'blurry' textures yes they maybe a little blurry but when your chinging around in the game you probably won't notice them. :-) Nice work.

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#12]
Great job! Excellent!

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#13]
Thanks for the comments guys!

I'm still not sure what looks so Haloish to some of you though...I was after a generic sci-fi body armor look...if anything the shoulder pieces remind me a little of Warhammer40k, but that's just something that helps hide the joint during animation.

Light and heavy variations will come soon.

Genexi2(Posted 2006) [#14]
We were using 256x256 for the different body part textures, but it was just taking too long so I told my artist to go with 128x128.

Dont most artists usually work with higher resolution textures at around 512x512/1024x1024'ish, then downsize for the final product?

Regardless, real nice looking model your artist created there, you planning on adding an some material effects, like for instance, an environment map to the helm? Would look cool with a shiny visor.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#15]
I was actually thinking about the enviro map on the helmet thing. I'll talk to my artist about trying something like that.

ragtag(Posted 2006) [#16]
Nice model.

Just as a side note, you might want to check out Project Entropia (now Entropia Universe) before you settle on that title. :) http://www.entropiauniverse.com

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#17]
Heh, well the name idea came to me in a dream. I suppose it may have been divine, but I'm planning on relegating it to the engine name and changing the actual game name to something different.

Is Project Entropia that one where they released the wierd promo video with a swiss supermodel in a freaky outfit a while back?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#18]
nice design. You may pump up the textures one day.

EDIT
Quote: "swiss supermodel"

AFAIK there ain't no swiss supermodels out there :/ Maybe you meant Heidi Klum, who's german but her name may suggest she's swiss.