Some Weapons

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Some Weapons

Leon Drake(Posted 2006) [#1]
Here are a few weapons i made in my spare time

Leon Drake(Posted 2006) [#2]
didnt have a very good picture to work with in the last one

Leon Drake(Posted 2006) [#3]
i think my shot gun was the best considering the photo i used for the texture had a side and front view

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#4]
may look odd in a game because photos used as textures stick out unless you use them on everything. and that doesnt really look right ether. the shotgun does look good though.

Leon Drake(Posted 2006) [#5]
probably.. i was using them in bryce renders, than actual gaming.

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#6]
should look cool then. nice work

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#7]
Wow, the polycounts on these must be amazingly low. Still, they are easily recognizable. Though, perhaps a little texture tweaking could make the fact that they are side photos less noticable.

PS: I like the Sig-550 best.

cloned(Posted 2006) [#8]
nice, i like the shotgun a lot

also what is yhe name of the last one because it honestly looks like a phaser-rifle from Star Trek

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#9]
I posted this earlier but it doesn't seem to be showing...

It's an XM-8 made by H&K. I believe the project is mostly cancelled, at the moment.

Basically it's a descendant of the H&K G-36 series designed for the US Military, but really it's just another 30 round 5.56x45mm rifle at heart. It is more modular than most such rifles, but I think eyes have turned to the FN SCAR project instead. The SCAR does have the advantage of being a multicaliber platform, currently being made in 5.56x45mm, 7.62x51mm, and even a small number of 7.62x39mm versions of the latter that can take any normal AK-47 magazines.

puki(Posted 2006) [#10]
LOOKS LIKE THERE WAS A PROBLEM LAST NIGHT - LOOKS LIKE A FEW HOURS OF POSTS HAVE BEEN LOST.

polygoon(Posted 2006) [#11]
Yeah, this place is always having little "accidents" like that. Wasn't the first time and won't be the last I'd guess. I must suppose that a cynic would expect this lot to go walkabout shortly too.

Anyone else notice that "preview" does NOT anymore, it just posts it. <sigh>

Junkprogger(Posted 2006) [#12]
Hey very good!
The last weapon (G36 i think?) is very well!